Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And spent all day today installing the parts I have been accumulating. I added a Strup header and axelback along with Koni struts and shocks, Progress coil springs and rear sway bar, DC strut bar, B&M quick shifter and a A1 Abrahms shift knob from TWM performance. I still need to install my Fujita short ram intake but I ran out of daylight. :eek: The ebil condo nazi was giving me the eye but I usually dont do a full day of mechanics 101.

After I got all that stuff installed I took her up Azusa canyon for a shakedown run. WOW I'm impressed She drives great and kinda feels like my old 914. I still have stock tires and I could feel they were the weak link but my new tires should arrive tommorrow. Damn my fingers are sore from wrenching, lmao. :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Man, thats cool! Gotta love having that big of a change at once. I have been looking at that shifter, how far is the throw on that?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the B&M short shifter its stock length but the throw is noticably shorter the hardest part of the install was removing the upper shift ball holder its clipped in all around the rim and you really need to pry with mucho gusto to pop it off. The shifter comes with solid bushings that replace the rubber stock ones and uses the stock shift assembly.

The exhaust is kinda loud but sounds nice and beefy. I have heard that it mellows after a while. I and going to install sound deadening mat in the back very soon anyways so I can live with it for now. :)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
damn dude, that's alot work on your box at once! how cool has that got to be when you're all finished. any pics? ;)

I'm impressed by your patience. If I get a new part, I'll more than likely be outside in the dark under the rain with a mag light strapped to my head trying to get it on ASAP lol :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Nice! I'm jealous! I miss those all day modding sessions!

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My Tires came in today 225/35-18 so I had them mounted on my Axis Decades. The tire shop wouldn't install them because its oversize or whatever they think but they fit fine. So i took them home & installed them myself. I had just put on OTG spacers yesterday and the rears rubbed the fender lip slightly over dips and whatnot so I removed the spacers for now.

I think I might roll the fender lip in the future and use the spacers again. I'm so lucky the rain held off until I finished up though its coming down right now. :D

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the exhaust will get louder or stay the same with age. you just notice it less as time goes by

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not the biggest fan of strup mufflers, but i know a ton of people who love them so i'm sure you'll be happy for a while.

Yeah, hotbox mine got a little louder after a while but i'm used to it now. Its not something you will notice all that much..getting louder that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.