Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Whitelines swaybar finally arrived. Yay. I'm pretty sure that's it for my suspension, If anyone has any suggestions as to what would make it my box handle better, let me know (I'm waiting til these tires wear out and then I'll invest in a nicer set.

I'm running currently:
Progress Coilovers
DC Sports CS-2 strut bar
APR lower front brace
Whitelines rear swaybar

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
omg I just got the shipping invoice for my Whiteline sway bar! Let me know how everything goes, and driving impressions!

I was lucky, and got the second to last one avilable from gtworx.com

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Opened the box and so far here's what's up. The bar is HEAVY. Whick I think is good, much heavier than the neuspeed bar I had on my GTi. There are no instructions, some generic ones, but they dont' really say much.

Go on SL and quicksearch under "whitelines sway bar." There's some really good pics of how it installs, should be very simple.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to find a nice wheel that fit the sort of oldschool feel I wanted and still a 15. The closest I found was the 15x8 that bbist was selling, but I never figured out if I would have to alter the car to get the ones w/the et38. I don't want fender flares, plus 15" tires are cheaper,lol.

·
Banned
528 Posts
I know alot of people that get the sway bar but what is the difference between stock to upgraded suspension and stock to sway bar. Which is the best replacement and such!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hayalex6 said:
well, any updates?
You don't get any specific directions, but I found pics on SL that made sense and installed it. I think I need to torque down some bolts tighter, because it's loud as hell at low speeds and over bumps, it does do it's job though. I can take some turns and ramps almost as fast as I did in my GTI. I gotta get some tires now. I'll respond again after I get these bolts torque'd down some. I think it may always be noisy though, by the design there are u shaped things that go around the beam. and you bolt the bar to that w/these heavy brackets so that's metal to metal in at least 6 points. All in all I'll give it a 7, it definitely does it's job, but until I can bring down the noise, it's not perfect.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Now you can see what I'm talking about. The bar is held on by the strut bolt and the two brackets on the rear beam (i guess you would call it).

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
fcastle said:
I was hoping to find a nice wheel that fit the sort of oldschool feel I wanted and still a 15. The closest I found was the 15x8 that bbist was selling, but I never figured out if I would have to alter the car to get the ones w/the et38. I don't want fender flares, plus 15" tires are cheaper,lol.
if you run teh 38 offset 15x7's it'll fit fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
hayalex6 said:
omg I just got the shipping invoice for my Whiteline sway bar! Let me know how everything goes, and driving impressions!

I was lucky, and got the second to last one avilable from gtworx.com
I was wondering who ordered the other bars from them. I was actually the person who got them to sign up to the other site and offer that group buy. They are always ordering stuff from Whiteline and my Subaru buddies referred me to them.

I picked up my bar about 3 weeks ago. Definetly an awesome investment. The rear end is much more neutral.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brian said:
I was wondering who ordered the other bars from them. I was actually the person who got them to sign up to the other site and offer that group buy. They are always ordering stuff from Whiteline and my Subaru buddies referred me to them.

I picked up my bar about 3 weeks ago. Definetly an awesome investment. The rear end is much more neutral.
so how far did you tighten the bolts on the brackets? Is the rear noisy over bumps and stuff?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.