Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all you automatic folk, when your xB sits at idle (bone-stock), is your tach look like? i got a manny tranny and i want to drive exactly like a auto if not better. send the info

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
he wants to know at what RPM the auto Idles at, and at what RPM the tranny shifts at on each gear. So that he can drive like the auto tranny.....why he didnt just get an auto is beyond me..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I IMed him earlier, the only question i remember answering was where the auto idled at. I guess that was it i dont know.

And the post question confused me too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sir said:
he wants to know at what RPM the auto Idles at, and at what RPM the tranny shifts at on each gear. So that he can drive like the auto tranny.....why he didnt just get an auto is beyond me..
The auto shifts anywhere on the rpm just like a manual. Only instead of completely controlling the gears, you control them by pressure/release of pressure on the gas pedal. Harder you push, higher rpms will rise. Unless you are manually shifting then its basically like a manual only longer gear ratios.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yep.

Only thing is when its left into drive, 2 things happen. 1. You will never hit redline. 2. When you hit 3rd gear it almost instantly goes into O.D unless you turn it off or really have the pedal burried. Which can cause the wiring to overheat and have a issue with o.d working properly. AKA: Wiring burns up, no o.d.

Oh, and when you manually shift an auto you can go past redline, when racing i usually take it 50-100rpm above redline. So far no issues, but wouldn't recommend doing that unless you are skilled and comfortable. Alot can go wrong if you eff up. lol

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
dude I was joking...I think you are a moron...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sir said:
dude I was joking...I think you are a moron...
Well i think you're the worst "gay guy" ever.

jk, hopefully thats all he needed.

To topic poster: Next time try to explain your questions better for us to know how to answer.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
NO worries Tomas...it was all in good fun, Killer and I are friends. it is over, the mans question has been answered.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sir said:
NO worries Tomas...it was all in good fun, Killer and I are friends. it is over, the mans question has been answered.

Really? I thought i hated you...

jk, yeah tomas we are friends. Offtopic guilt is the truth, but hey, i answered his question and Sir helped clear up the question, so we deserved a break. haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.