Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im friberglassing some stuff and after sanding it down its got some lowspots. can I just put a coat of bondo or something over it and smooth it all out or what will adhear/work on top of the fiberglass? suggestions?

·
Registered
352 Posts
good question. i would like ot know also since i have my frame done and will start fiberglassing soon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
well it depends on how big the low is, the best thing would be a product called duraglass (made by u.s. chemicals) it is like bondo with fiberglass strands in it. then i would go with something like glazing puddy or a product called rage gold(it is a really easy to sand filler) it will look real good and you will be fine laying it over fiberglass, just make sure to sand the area alittle first

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input...trying out the putty...has been going ok so far...need probably 3 more coats and will hopefully be good to go...just a tip for anyone else....dont use alot of it at once....use as little as possible at a time as your patience will allow....and let it dry for as long as possible inbetween layers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.