Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, kinda. It still needs paint, but we're gettin there. I'm excited to see the final product though. It should be airbrushed by the end of the week so i'll put up new pics when i get them. But here are some pics for ya, enjoy!
Primered-

Primered, bondo-ed, and sanded-

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That's gonna look sic! nice, can't wait to see the finished dash.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, we used the stock dash and glassed over it. When it's done and painted, you'll never be able to tell the stock dash is there though

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's going to be painted BOP, same as the outside, with some custom art :)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Looks good. I remember OTG was going to make a 'glass dash cover, but I don't recall seeing the airbag opening.

Kudos!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, holy thread revival batman! lol I got some new pics of the dash, it's still primered though. My guy quit the day before it was supposed to go to paint,so now i have to wait till i can find someone i can trust to finish it. But here ya go!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Besides adding the gauges, you could've just sanded the texture off the dash instead of all the Fiberglass and bondo.

I used 180grit on the tops of the door panels, and they were the same texture pattern as the dash. Used a DA sander and took about 10min per panel to get everything but the edges sanded.

Just get it finished and it will be worth it in the end, looking good so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i gotta touch up some spots, but i hope to have it sprayed soon. I'll keep you all updated

·
Registered
361 Posts
how long did the whole process take? and do you have to take it back out to paint? is the xb dash a pain to remove? should look killer though......

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
I have seen it in person and it looks nice. I just hope you aren't planning on registering that thing in Missouri again. Won't pass safety inspection with the passenger airbag cover up.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Padanky said:
Besides adding the gauges, you could've just sanded the texture off the dash instead of all the Fiberglass and bondo.

I used 180grit on the tops of the door panels, and they were the same texture pattern as the dash. Used a DA sander and took about 10min per panel to get everything but the edges sanded.

Just get it finished and it will be worth it in the end, looking good so far.
^^^WOW thats awesome didn't know you could do such a thing...now i must do it...i would like to get mine sprayed the same color as the car....volkswagen has this in the new bugs...and its the shitt!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it was never registered in MO. And the air bag is not covered, it's just plain gone lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.