Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been browsing around and i have a few questions.

1.Why is it that some of you guys do camber in the back but not the front?
2.Correct me if i'm wrong, but i need spacers on the rear to make them flush with the front?

Thats it for now...more later

Thanks Dew...

Seems its a big deal to reseal the projectors. Is this because they are known to leak?

I also noticed that the strut/spring combo is not set up traditionally, with the strut on the inside of the coil. Now if someone was to switch to coilovers(haven't seen pics) how would it work? jut bolt the coilover to where the strut is?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you need 10mm shims in the back to flush it with the front

and some guys camber in the back because they're CWAZY!! :p :p

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Seems its a big deal to reseal the projectors. Is this because they are known to leak?

I also noticed that the strut/spring combo is not set up traditionally, with the strut on the inside of the coil. Now if someone was to switch to coilovers(haven't seen pics) how would it work? jut bolt the coilover to where the strut is?

As far as the projectors go, yes they leak and then cause fogging from the heat of the lamps. It also depends on which ones you get too though.

The front strut has the spring on the outside of the strut just like any other car. So I don't know what ur talking about it being abnormal. I have the Tein supersport CO's and the its the same as any McPherson strut set up. Th rear is set up differently, because when the designed the suspension, it seems they didn't take the offset of wheels into accountablilty LOL. It could be that they put the springs in towards the center to carry more of the loads in case of stuffing your box with boxes :D Hope that helps. JMO by the way

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
To me this is normal...front and back...

But the xB is like this

Or am I missing something, and this is a custom setup?

And being that i will have "new" struts correct me if i'm wrong, but i can just get lowering springs right.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yes, you can get just springs.

That is the way a "wagon" is setup i think. Don't take my word fo rit though. It's even how the Echo is. I thought it was weird at first too, but I think it has something to do with the load bearing weight distribution. JMO though :D

FRONT COILOVER!!!!!!!

REAR SET UP!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.