Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I need my fenders rolled, and it seems nobody in town has or even knows what a fender rolling tool is.
so I found this fender roller rental site. there are a couple out there but this is where I'm going to rent from
http://www.esetuning.com/product-p/fender-roller-rental.htm
hopefuly it all works out ok. I'll keep ya posted

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
That looks like the tool I used when I worked for Wheel Warehouse......Just go slow and easy - keep the paint warm so it will flex if not you will chip the paint......

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
How flat can we expect to get them without shaving metal off first? anyone got pics?

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I don't have any pics - but with some time and effort you can roll the lip right into the fender nice and flat - The only thing in the way is the paint.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice. Makes me wish I had a Jetta, they are flat from the factory.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I'll get some pics before and after. but yea I want to go as flat as possible.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea I actually found this place in town that is going to rent me one. I should be done by this weekend. I'll probally have some pics up next week forsure.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep rolled my fenders last night. not hard at all, but I didnt have a heat gun so I was using a hair dryer, and I cracked my paint a little here and there.the cracks are all pretty much on the under side of the fender, you cant see them, plus I put some black silicone sealer over the cracks. hopefuly to prevent further chiping. I managed to roll them pretty flat. no rubbing problems at all. theres a dip by my house that I would have to slow down to 15mph not to rub my tires. last night I hit it at 40mph no problem.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Very Nice - Now where are the Pic's ???? - The other thing you can use on the cracked paint is clear nail polish.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep I'll get some pics up soon. I dont have a digital camera so I gotta burn up a whole roll of film then I'll get some nice pics put up. actually I think that polish might be the way to go.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
hi guys, ive done 3 cars so far and got to do another box soon. My tip is the heat gun is a must. and two people to do the job is best. you have one guy with the heat gun blowing on the inside of the lip, stay away from the outside. keep constant heat, but dont blow the heat too close. and you will have the best results. I did the first one on my car, by myself. I had some cracking. the next two i did, was on friend's cars. they held the heat gun for me. and both of those jobs no cracking.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm not your friend craig.....I geuss you did 4 total.....j/p

2 people is best......Fender rolling at the 808StyleWagon's install center....date TBD....

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
I'm not your friend craig.....I geuss you did 4 total.....j/p

2 people is best......Fender rolling at the 808StyleWagon's install center....date TBD....
WOW! i did mine, yours, and freestyle's. And Katchkilla's next.

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
yup criag is the best fender roller.. good thing i bought one for him LOL.. still got to finish mines craig.. I suck at using that fender roller..
since you own the roller i can do yours anytime. lol

almost done with everyone. Killa want to roll his.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts