Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm liking how your B looks so far. I don't know if you're looking for a suspension drop, but a 1 1/2 to 2 inch drop would really bring it together (for me). Looks great though, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've been thinking about doing it but I am worried about the ride. i dont want to be too rough. How does yours ride?

·
Banned
130 Posts
I'm on Goldline springs now which are relatively soft compared to my old Progress Tech springs. They ride pretty good on stock shocks, a little bumpy at times but nothing harsh. It's a 2 inch drop which is pretty low, but nothing I've had any problems with. Depending on the areas where you drive (speedbumps, driveway inclines, etc,.) and the road conditions, I don't think you'd see any either. Without looking it up, I think the Progress Tech had a 1.3 front and 1.5 or 1.6 rear drop, but not sure. The ride there was pretty stiff but the handling was awesome. Enough of a drop to look lowered but it ended up not being enough.

That said.. I'm looking to buy coilovers to replace the Goldlines. Lower drop, better ride..

Once you get low, it's still too high.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Most of the after market suspensions ride better than stock. Especially with Monroe shocks in the rear. The popular ones are Tein-S, DF210, Progress, gold line...... just to name a few. They are all very well made if you stick with a notable brand. Don't be scared it is a very easy and straight forward mod.

Welcome

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Short bus is right, well hes always right but thats besides the point. Ive got Tanabe DF-210's I wanted to more aggressive drop and honestly im completely satisfied with them. i dont scrape on anything and the install was a breeze even with the instructions in Japanese.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
i have eibachs on mine. not too much of a drop but it looks good. tanabes and teins are good too. you can do littel things if you haven't done 'em yet like air intake. exhaust. paint the interiors/engine over. undercarriage lights/interior.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Your box is off to a great start. There are a number of low-buck/free mods you can do (if you haven't already) like clearing the corners of the amber lens, shaving the rear emblems and wiper (do we really have rain in Cali?), short ram or CAI, maybe even adding a more aggressive looking exhaust tip 'til you buy the exhaust of your choice. In the end, it all depends on what you like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.