Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm not too sure, but I do know the bBist.com xB was dyno'd at over 143 whp.

Showpaojoe had a pretty fast xB at one point also.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the fastest n/a auto xb, and i'm pretty sure i have the fastest auto period.

Fastest time is 14.8, check my thread out to view a dyno sheet and two other time slip info.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea overall i bet Joe might be highest. thatd be my guess. it will soon change though with more and more strappin on turbos. my bet: before the end of the year, there will be at least one 1nzfe in the 12s!

scotty

·
Registered
214 Posts
ScionScotty said:
yea overall i bet Joe might be highest. thatd be my guess. it will soon change though with more and more strappin on turbos. my bet: before the end of the year, there will be at least one 1nzfe in the 12s!

scotty
:rolleyes: And one auto 1nzfe n/a in the 13's. :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Im making 141whp right now with the stock fuel system. I have injectors on the way so I will see how much more boost I can add with that upgrade. Im doing things piece by piece so people can see what each mod will give them. Some guy on cardomain or something claims his xb went 13.1. i emailed him but no reply. It might be BS.

here is his link http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-xB-Timeslip-8488.html

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bs?

Maybe If He Had Proof Like A Video(hint...hint...). But There Doesnt Seem To Be. Until Then No-one Will Believe It Unless They See It. I Was Just At The Vip Event And This Guy Wasnt There. Considering I Took Second In The Drag Shootout With An N/a Xb

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, Its funny how he posted his times, and his mods, but no dyno numbers. Is it safe to assume that people who FI their cars would want to atleast dyno their cars to make sure AFR and HP are what they expect?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hate all of you... I miss my box:( :mad:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I hate all of you... I miss my box
Vito, buy mine off me!

I think I should be able to get around killerxromances time as well with my current 135hp and stage 3 clutch, only thing that would hurt me is how fast and smooth I can shift. I just gotta go to a track and see, the closest is like 50 minutes away...so that's what's keeping me from going.

·
Registered
131 Posts
50 minutes? Dam, I wish the closest track was only 50 mins away from me. The closest track to me is Atco Raceway in Englishtown NJ...thats about a 2 1/2 hour car ride for me. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simplyscion said:
50 minutes? Dam, I wish the closest track was only 50 mins away from me. The closest track to me is Atco Raceway in Englishtown NJ...thats about a 2 1/2 hour car ride for me. ;)
I LOVE Atco. You can get so many runs there. I used to go every Friday night. This is my last time slip from there :)

in my mr2 of course...

·
Registered
214 Posts
preacherboy said:
Vito, buy mine off me!

I think I should be able to get around killerxromances time as well with my current 135hp and stage 3 clutch, only thing that would hurt me is how fast and smooth I can shift. I just gotta go to a track and see, the closest is like 50 minutes away...so that's what's keeping me from going.
135hp or 135whp? If its whp you should be slightly faster than me, if its hp then you are you putting down around 112-117whp which means you'd probably be in the low 15's if you can shift fast and know when to shift.

Only reason i doubt his times is because hes only providing the final time, no 1/8th 0-60 or any information like that. Not a complete time slip, hard for me to believe. Also if your boosted and you haven't dyno'd, well thats a time bomb.

·
Registered
340 Posts
135hp or 135whp? If its whp you should be slightly faster than me, if its hp then you are you putting down around 112-117whp which means you'd probably be in the low 15's if you can shift fast and know when to shift.
killerxromances, yeah, mine was dynoed and tuned at 135whp. But I'm working on my shifts. Sometimes it takes me a second to get from 1st to 2nd gear with this stage 3 clutch. I think that's my main weakness. The rest of the gears go smoothly. Incidentally, my old turbo did do about 10 more whp, but I prefer this setup because it is smoother, has virtually no lag, and has never conked out on me like my old setup....oh yeah, and it looks better! ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Honestly, the tough part is not your shifting. Yes, the shifting will matter if you are shifting super slow but the biggest thing is to get the perfect launch. A little wheel spin can ruin your time by up to .5-1 full second.

115whp should NOT give you low 15 sec times. I know we hear a lot of guys with bolt ons running 15s but I'm sorry, I just dont believe them. The XB really is slow and not as fast as the guys want to believe. Lets take a look. :)

The car weighs roughly 2415lbs for the manual and a little more for the automatic right? Ok, given the average person lets say is about 170lbs. Add another 15lbs or so for gas. That gives us about 2600lbs. Most of the guys have larger wheels, stereo equipment, etc that will add even more weight and slow the car down. Another thing to think about is that our cars are not aerodynamic....AT ALL. After you reach 65+mph, its like hitting a wall of air.

So......the XB will need about 149whp to run mid to high 14s. The elise is more than 400lbs lighter and has about 100hp more than us stock,..it runs 13.5ish.

Here is a calculator that will help you get an idea. Its not 100% accurate but pretty darn close.
For example, my mr2 was somewhat gutted. That timeslip I posted above was when I dynoed 317whp. I finished with a 11.9 run. The calculator says 12.0 so its pretty good. Also that day at atco was nice and cool so my motor could have been making more power.

http://raceprecision.com/1-4 MileCalculator.htm

·
Registered
214 Posts
rollhard said:
Honestly, the tough part is not your shifting. Yes, the shifting will matter if you are shifting super slow but the biggest thing is to get the perfect launch. A little wheel spin can ruin your time by up to .5-1 full second.

115whp should NOT give you low 15 sec times. I know we hear a lot of guys with bolt ons running 15s but I'm sorry, I just dont believe them. The XB really is slow and not as fast as the guys want to believe. Lets take a look. :)

The car weighs roughly 2415lbs for the manual and a little more for the automatic right? Ok, given the average person lets say is about 170lbs. Add another 15lbs or so for gas. That gives us about 2600lbs. Most of the guys have larger wheels, stereo equipment, etc that will add even more weight and slow the car down. Another thing to think about is that our cars are not aerodynamic....AT ALL. After you reach 65+mph, its like hitting a wall of air.

So......the XB will need about 149whp to run mid to high 14s. The elise is more than 400lbs lighter and has about 100hp more than us stock,..it runs 13.5ish.

Here is a calculator that will help you get an idea. Its not 100% accurate but pretty darn close.
For example, my mr2 was somewhat gutted. That timeslip I posted above was when I dynoed 317whp. I finished with a 11.9 run. The calculator says 12.0 so its pretty good. Also that day at atco was nice and cool so my motor could have been making more power.

One thing you are not taking into effect is the fact that the xb's gearing is highly aggressive. Even the autos have a slightly more aggressive gearing compared to majority of auto ratio's out there.

Your right, 115whp is not going to give you a low 15 time, but it is enough to put the xb at high 15's with a good driver. Another thing you also have to take into account is the fact that the people that are serious about performance, aren't going to put hundreds of pounds worth of sterio and wheels. I mean i have upgraded tires on my steelies, and i have weight reduction with no additional mods with interior.

Another thing you mentioned was drag. Our aerodynamics is not that bad, infact our dynamics are close to a typical wagon, sure a little worse but its not enough to effect our times. Aerodynamics doesn't play a roll in slowing you down until 120mph+, aka trying to top out. 149whp will put you in the low 14's, not mid-to-high.

·
Registered
214 Posts
rollhard said:

That website isn't very accurate at all. I mean since you used a tC in your example, i used stock tC specs for example and it showed 16.5 for the manual. Thats almost a full second off the truth. It says a stock xb manual should be 17.67 which in reality its a mid 16 second car. For the auto it says stock 18.4 and in reality its mid-high 17sec car. It says i should be running with my set up at 15.79 and i'm low 15 high 14's. There is too much that can effect times, not just power to weight. So its hard to make an accurate online time estimate. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
killerxromances said:
That website isn't very accurate at all. I mean since you used a tC in your example, i used stock tC specs for example and it showed 16.5 for the manual. Thats almost a full second off the truth. It says a stock xb manual should be 17.67 which in reality its a mid 16 second car. For the auto it says stock 18.4 and in reality its mid-high 17sec car. It says i should be running with my set up at 15.79 and i'm low 15 high 14's. There is too much that can effect times, not just power to weight. So its hard to make an accurate online time estimate. ;)
I used a TC as an example? I really dont think that the stock cars can run 17s. Its all good though, we can both agree to disagree :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.