Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mods: i/h/e, mid pipe, engine damper, 11:1 pistons, greddy e-manage ulti.
hp: 128whp
tq: 138wtq

Before i go on further, yes you do have to run higher oct. gas with the pistons, and yes it is a pain to install. :D

I don't know the gains of the pistons or e-manage only together combined with other mods. Before i was dyno'd at 96whp and now i'm at 128whp. Roughly 40-45whp gain from stock. I plan to go to the track this week and i'll post results from that.

I am moving out of my house next week so any questions reguarding the set up or anything else, ask me this week. My computer is still down (using parents) so i probably wont have computer access for a few weeks until i get my lap top.

Enjoy!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice gains! What cost roughly?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Padanky said:
Nice gains! What cost roughly?
With everything, roughly $5,000 total. More than being boosted, but when going the n/a route you have to expec that. Most of my experience is with n/a builds, previous car was 231whp gsr. Much more work though, but still. I'm offically pleased with the box for now as long as the ecu doesn't re-set.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Good deal! N/A with S/C power.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That is good power, mine is just a bit more and its turbocharged. I've got a good $2K more spent than you due to other things besides the turbo kit. Do you still have the stock clutch?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Padanky said:
Good deal! N/A with S/C power.
Pretty much, yeah. If your willing to spend an additional $1,500-$2,000 for a little more whp than s/cers, i say go for it. Otherwise, just go boost.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
preacherboy said:
That is good power, mine is just a bit more and its turbocharged. I've got a good $2K more spent than you due to other things besides the turbo kit. Do you still have the stock clutch?
I'm an automatic, not a manual. Read the topic, its fastest auto. ;) :cool: I need a shift kit bad though.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
killerxromances said:
Pretty much, yeah. If your willing to spend an additional $1,500-$2,000 for a little more whp than s/cers, i say go for it. Otherwise, just go boost.

Yours will pass inspection won't it? I'm not sure about Turbo or S/C. Aren't they having problems with inspections?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Padanky said:
Yours will pass inspection won't it? I'm not sure about Turbo or S/C. Aren't they having problems with inspections?
I'll be finding out soon, when i move to Ga there isn't inspections to worry about. The tests in Nc isn't as strict as Cali, so i should pass fine. But i'll let you guys know if i don't.

I'm going to hit the track up wednesday so you should hear something on times. Darren (hotbox05) thinks i should hit 14's, which i'd agree if i had a manual. (launching and 60ft issues kill on a auto) But it feels like it should be low 15's at least.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hotbox05 said:
prius pistons for the win!!!! , lol
We will see darren, try it. But you'll need management with that high of compression.. Or do your ghetto route. lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i got off work early and the track was open until 8pm, three runs and heres all the information.
From highest 1/4 to lowest time:

R/t: .811
60ft: 2.8
1/8: 10.29
mph: 73
1/4: 15.1
mph: 92.6
----------------------
R/t: .840
60ft: 2.72
1/8: 10.07
mph: 73.8
1/4: 14.91
mph: 94.9
----------------------
R/t: .501
60ft: 2.51
1/8: 9.93
mph: 75.1
1/4: 14.87
mph: 96.1
---------------------
Manually shifted, o.d off, trac off. I am very happy and surprised to have hit two 14 runs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hotbox05 said:
told you bro , lol
I know you did, :D The only reason i doubted 14's was because i'm an auto, i didn't think i could make it up with the lack of being able to pull faster 0-60ft times and so forth. I hope those itb's work out, i'm waiting for a dyno result from coi to decide.

The 14.8 time i ran pretty much perfectly, i wouldn't expect to hit that constantly. 14.9-15.2 would probably be more of an average.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
markowitz said:
how do you manually shift in an automatic?
1, 2, D...starting in 1, at about 500 rmps before redline sshift up, and the tranny will shift right at redline...

But thats not good for the tranny though...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
killerxromances said:

I don't know the gains of the pistons or e-manage only together combined with other mods. Before i was dyno'd at 96whp and now i'm at 128whp. Roughly 40-45whp gain from stock. I plan to go to the track this week and i'll post results from that.[/QUOTE]
So do you know the gains from just the i/h/e?

I really was upset...i was on a 7 mile stretch, and i could only get to [email protected] was sad...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.