Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the factory rim size. im looking to replace my rims with something a lot cooler....but dont really have the dough to buy new rims and tires....so i just need to know what size rims to get.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
6JJx15 with a 4x100 bolt pattern and a +35mm offset... :)

Stock tire sizes (per the repair manuals) are 185/60R15 or 185/65R15.

OEM tires supplied are 185/60R15.

That pretty much covers it, I think.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

thes are the ones i got they are 15":cool:stock tires fit i used mine cuz i have no cash$$$$

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
backseatchris said:
sorry if you have already answered this question. so it is 15 inch rims that come from factory? will any 15 inch rims fit on my xb with the existing tires? sorry, i just dont really understand and im loooking to maybe get rims from this site. http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...Scion&autoModel=xB&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=

thanks
No problem. If you go to the link you provided and look on the left side of the page you will see "filter by" choices. Select 15" and look through the wheels displayed (the tirerack site only displays wheels that will fit the vehicle you told it to, in this case an xB). If you are going to use the stock tires, you should stick to wheels that are 6.5" or less in width. Hopefully you will see something you like and can afford that fits those limits.

To give you a couple of examples, the "Sport Edition" D3 and D5 are two nice wheels for very good prices ($69 and $65 each) that will fit your xB and your stock tires.
D3
D5

When you order a set of wheels for your xB from tirerack, they include new lug nuts and any 'adapters' if they are needed.

Once you get the wheels and any other parts included, you can take them to any decent local tire shop and have them mount your stock tires on them,and put 'em on your xB.

When funding gets better, or when you finally NEED new tires, you can upgrade to better tires than come with the xB.

Hope that helps, but if you have any further questions, just ask - that's one thing sites like are for: sharing information with other owners. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^
hey Thomas? Forgive my ignorance but whats wrong with the stock tires compared to some of those other tires we see? Secifically, could you suggest a tire or at least some specs I should consider when looking for my next tires? I do mostly commuting, no snow, mostly dry, sometimes rainy. 15 rims, 2" drop.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you want to stay with the 15" size, you can fit this wheel size easily.

15" X 6.5"
+38 mm offset (or in between 33 to 40)
4 X 100 bolt pattern (P.C.D.)

After you waste your tires, you can get some 205/55-15 tires. There's a lot to choose from in that size & they fit a 6.5" width wheel like a glove. Not to mention that your speedometer stays close to accurate.

This is what they look like in that exact size.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2275000-2275999/2275186_10_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2275000-2275999/2275186_12_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2275000-2275999/2275186_11_full.jpg

I happen to like the way they look & the fact that they have enough rubber to aviod destroying the wheels in most potholes, but still low profile enough to handle decently.

You can also do:

15" X 7"
+38 offset (or in between 33 to 40)
4 X 100 bolt pattern (P.C.D.)

You can use 205/55-15 tires, but you can also use 225/50-15. Same overall diameter as 205/55-15 & stock, but wider.

Some sites to visit for wheels & stuff.

www.discounttiredirect.com

www.treadepot.com

www.edgeracing.com

www.wheelmax.com

www.wheelsnext.com

www.importhookup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14

( ^_^)/

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Local Boy said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
hey Thomas? Forgive my ignorance but whats wrong with the stock tires compared to some of those other tires we see? Secifically, could you suggest a tire or at least some specs I should consider when looking for my next tires? I do mostly commuting, no snow, mostly dry, sometimes rainy. 15 rims, 2" drop.
I'm glad you asked! :D

Seriously, the Goodyear Eagle LS tires are NOT from the top of the list - anybody's list...

To give an example from when *I* was looking for new tires, here is a chart courtesy the TireRack...

(Click pic for a larger image.)

The chart is based on many millions of miles of customer experience with the tires listed, with the 'best' reviewed at the top of the list. (The list confirmed my own experiences with some of the tires listed.) :)

If you notice the two red 'tabs' on the right side of the chart, they mark the tires I chose (from personal experience and confirmed by the chat) and MUCH lower on the chart, the OEM tires...

(I should add that one of the most important criteria for me is wet handling since I live in the Seattle area...)

Not all tires are created equal, and cars seldom come with the absolute best choice - especially econo-boxes. :D

(I'm VERY happy with the BFGs compared to the OEM Goodyears!)
____

(Dummy just had to fix the URL for the big chart...should work OK now.) :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
if I have the factory rims on my xB, can I put 185/65/15 snow tires on them? I'm just wondering if I have to buy some rims too.

if anyone knows what size tires i can fit onto the factory rims without replacing them, please educate me!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
if I have the factory rims on my xB, can I put 185/65/15 snow tires on them? I'm just wondering if I have to buy some rims too.

if anyone knows what size tires i can fit onto the factory rims without replacing them, please educate me!!

Thanks!
Yes, see the second post in this thread above...

[/img]http://tijil.org/bfg_front01.jpg[/img]

Tom

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
OMG!! :eek::eek::eek:

Did someone actually bring Chris' very old thread back from the dead?! From 2006??!! Does he even have his xB anymore???!!!

Dead and buried.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.