Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here have the optional iPod Pioneer headunit from Scion?

If so, do you notice drastic volume differences between songs and/or artists? For example, on most of the music on my iPod, I listen at about 45-50 on the volume...however, some songs are so quiet I have to boost the volume to almost 60 to even them out.

For reference, the radio and cd player play at pretty consistent volumes (i.e. 45 sounds like 45 on both of them), but sometimes when I switch to my iPod, 45 sounds like 30.....

Just curious if I'm the only one experiencing this or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
oneson2k said:
Anyone else here have the optional iPod Pioneer headunit from Scion?

If so, do you notice drastic volume differences between songs and/or artists? For example, on most of the music on my iPod, I listen at about 45-50 on the volume...however, some songs are so quiet I have to boost the volume to almost 60 to even them out.

For reference, the radio and cd player play at pretty consistent volumes (i.e. 45 sounds like 45 on both of them), but sometimes when I switch to my iPod, 45 sounds like 30.....

Just curious if I'm the only one experiencing this or not. Thanks!
Mine does it too. It depends on how good your download was or if you got it off a CD. It's an iTunes thang not the stereo thing.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You can adjust the song volumes to be level using your iTunes program. The difference in levels has much to do with the method you used to rip your music. Your music can have different levels if you rip some of it from CD's and some is downloaded. If you use a program like Limewire you can get very different levels from those files.

When you import your music to iTunes you can set your preferences to keep the level equal on all tracks.

You can find information on setting the volume levels here: http://macs.about.com/od/itunes/a/itunes_sndcheck.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.