Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the mountains where it gets REALLY FOGGY. So for me, this is not just about asthetics. The factory fogs retail at $270 although i've seen them as low as $192. I don't mind payin if they work great when it's really foggy. Anybody have factory fog lights and been in heavy fog? And if so, did they work great? And...has anyone had the factory lights and thought they were crap, and have gone out and gotten something much better? If so, what did you get, from where and how much was it? Also, just out of curiosity, Is the factory Scion fog lights going to be the only light that perfectly fight that cutout? Thanx in advance, love my car, love this site, rbarrett

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aftermarket fogs

If you go to autozone or discount auto parts they have some fogs that are square and they fit the bottom grill. On the sides of your bottom grill their are two pieces of grill that you can pop out and behind that their is a plastic that you have to cut for the fogs to fit flush with the grill. the fogs cost about $20 very cheap and they are 100 times better than the stocks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, after writing this I spent a couple hours re-searching everything written about fog lights from previous posts and the fogs made by JDM for the Japanese version of the xb are supposedly much brighter. So far the only place i know of that has them is Carson Toyota. They are about the same price as the domestics ($238). Probly the ones I'm gonna get.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did buy the JDM Japanese xb fog lights.I got them from Carson Toyota. Their phone is 888 747 4777. Their website is www.newscionparts.com I just got them and they are not installed but the website says "comes with fog lights, harness, switch must be hardwired in place, will not fit us xb plug". So, it will fit, it's slightly more complicated but easy enough. Many have done it and all say it's a much brighter light. Good luck, I too have a 06.5 Thunder Cloud Metallic xb, luvin it.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
personally i dont have the fogs. i lived in san diego for 20 years and i know a little something something about fog. the placement of the stock fogs are too high, to reach their potential they need to be mounted lower to the ground. low and long is fundamental for 'fog lights' the thin ones or the square ones at autozone have always worked fine and can be relatively inexpensive. if you crack a lense of the aftermarket fog lights, you can order single lense from pilot as well. so you get value, functionality, and ease of replacement.

Just my 2 cents. good luck -=]

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought the blazers from walmart and they look great. I love the amber lighting and they really brighten up the road. I didn't like the stock ones too much due to the price and they do look pretty dim to me. I think any after market driving light or fog light will give you better lighting than the stock fog lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.