Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory fog lights installed and when driving I can see the light from them moving. When parked, I check to see that they seem tight and they do. Is this a common problem and if so how do you fix this problem.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Our's dont move at all, make sure the white plastic holder is snapped in the bumper good and the little black holder is snapped on the light good and snapped into the bumper as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I let the dealer do it for me and I think maybe I should have done it myself. Do I have to take the bumper or anything else off to get to these white and black holders? This is very aggravating, what happened to people taking pride in their work anymore?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
just push the lights in, if that doesn't work, you can always take them out, and see if any clips are broken. then reinstall them correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how do you take the lights out? Does the xB have to be put on a lift or can you do it from the front without removing the bumper?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There has to be instructions somewhere on how to do this. I tried to push them out from the back and they will not budge. Now I am not sure why the lights wiggle at night but I want to replace the 9006 bulbs in there with new ones I bought. Any other way to get these lights out?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I saw that already but it did not help me out. Thanks for taking the time to for it though. I finally figured out how to get the damn things out. Now we will see if they wiggle tonight when I drive.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
AX011-04 FOG LIGHT VIBRATION
12/1/2004 - 2004 model year Scion xB vehicles. Some 2004 model year Scion xB customers may complain that the fog light vibrates while driving. The following two causes have been identified:
1. 0.5 mm (0.02 in.) gap between the bumper and boss of fog light.
2. The tabs of the fog light adjuster and the alignment pin are not completely seated.
http://tijil.org/Scion_Docs/Scion_TSBs_thru_AUG06/ax01104.pdf

Tomas

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I met one guy who had the factory installed Cold Air Intake and his intake would vibrate against his left fog light. Easy fix though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Tomas. I will try the tape method. The drivers side light is the one that vibrates and watching that light move on the road is driving me nuts. My box is an 06 and you would think they would have fixed this problem by now.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Do you have an intake system that goes in behind your drivers side fog light?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just realized what you were saying Padanky, DUH!, I do have an AEM intake that has a filter that does touch the back of the bulb itself. I wonder if that is it? So what is the fix? I have not tried the tape yet but I wonder if I do the fix with the air intake, if that would cure the problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.