Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have an 06.5 BOP Xb, bought it Sept. 13th. I had the dealer put in the factory fog lamps. I was washing it yesterday and noticed the passanger side is fogged up. Should this be covered under warranty? I was going to call them tomorrow, just wanted to see before I did!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The o ring on the bulb is the issue, take the bulb out and put a dab of vasiline on the o ring, make sure you twist the bulb in completly.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from the dealer and they told me it wasn't a sealed unit. They said that they are made to drain when it builds up condinsation. I told him it has been like that for a week and it hasn't drained, he tells me it will after it gets worse! Are they sealed lights? Do they have this drian hole they talk about?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Dealer is correct. The fog lamps use a 9006 bulb. It has a twist-in base. Run your xB with the fog lights ON for a while and the condensation should evaporate.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Since this tread is about the factory Foglights, I got a question.
I wanna install the factory fogs, is the xB pre-wired ? :confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Rcurry23:

the factory fogs are vented to allow condensation to burn off if it builds up. checking to make sure the bulb is properly installed into the housing will help prevent some moisture from getting in.

DarkTari:

yes the xb is prewired for the factory foglights. they should come with complete install instructions, if not the dealer can print them out for you. simple install overall. relay is in a tight spot.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information. I just thought the dealer was screwing with me since the condinsation has been on there for over a week now! I run with my fog lights on all the time, no help! Actually, I haven't ever turned them of since dealer installed them new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.