Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many degrees of camber it is running?

Thanks in advance.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Atleast -5

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Padanky said:
Atleast -5
Yeah I'm thinking about getting some rims with the same width and offset and I just want to get an idea of how much work I have to do to get them to fit.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It's definitely a nice set-up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it is. But might not be that practical as my car is my daily driver. I guess you got to pay to play. It's either sacrifice lip size going semi-conservative or large lip size with aggressive offset. Hmmmmmm...

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
westsype said:
^ Yea those are 15s with alot of tire. Not like 17s or 18s though.
my previous set up was 215/35/18 w/ 2in. drop. i was not about to camber -3 with this set up. i proly would've damaged the hub side inner rim edge of the wheels, especially thin tires i was running. fogit the fwy potholes in L.A. . :eek:

·
Registered
762 Posts
15's can look just as sexy as 17's or 18's if you find the right ones.

good luck with your venture, i know thundergods 0 offset 8" wides need camber to run without flares. i think a 9" wide with a +25 would have the same effect.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
excitebox said:
15's can look just as sexy as 17's or 18's if you find the right ones.

good luck with your venture, i know thundergods 0 offset 8" wides need camber to run without flares. i think a 9" wide with a +25 would have the same effect.
It would be 17x9.5 +18 for the rear. I know it will definitely need some camber to tuck. Just wondering how much camber and will it be worth the trouble. I already have my fenders rolled just need some coilovers.

·
Registered
762 Posts
dang you may need thundergod's garson camber plate setup for -5 to -6 degrees to tuck that much wheel... i dont think the OTG ones (which i have) would cut it.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
you almost will have to flare it. I installed my rear wheels on the front of my xB last week and they hung out about an inch and a half. I will need mega front canber and flares front and back to clear my next set of rims.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JDMJim said:
you almost will have to flare it. I installed my rear wheels on the front of my xB last week and they hung out about an inch and a half. I will need mega front canber and flares front and back to clear my next set of rims.

What is the size and offset of your front rims if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ok here is the info on the wheels and tires.

Front: 18 x 8.5 +18 super special super low disk 225/35/18
Rear: 18 x 9.5 +18 super special super low disk 225/35/18

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MattyRattyPoo said:
Ok here is the info on the wheels and tires.

Front: 18 x 8.5 +18 super special super low disk 225/35/18
Rear: 18 x 9.5 +18 super special super low disk 225/35/18
Yea I saw the wheel specs on their website. I doubt that the front is low disk though cuz it probably wouldn't clear the brake calipers. I'm wondering how much camber it has in the rear. Like everyone else is thinking, I think it is -5 degrees or even more. Does anyone have the answer?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
westsype said:
Yea I saw the wheel specs on their website. I doubt that the front is low disk though cuz it probably wouldn't clear the brake calipers. I'm wondering how much camber it has in the rear. Like everyone else is thinking, I think it is -5 degrees or even more. Does anyone have the answer?

it will clear. mine rears cleared the front calipers. front wheels are 8" @ +25 w/ a-disc. backs are 9" @+20 w/ 0-disc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.