·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks cool, any more pics?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! I'm actually trying to find out how I can polish even more.
I badly need a portable sheet bender, but for now that will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
from necessity breeds genius......

Sid, looks good, anything different is cool.
Since Ive always had more ideas than money I've actually made a make-shift sheet metal bender with a vise and two peices of strong angled steel. worked pretty well, as long as you are not working with real thick metal.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Real nice, first pic didn't do much. But looks great in the others.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the compliment guys.

boxboy,
I should have done the homemade bender one guy from the internet posted, I did one, but the metal I use is still soft, I also just use clamps and it did not held well. I'll look into doing a bender in the future(just have to see a real one first).

Dion,
I actually think about it in bed, but things always doesn't go as plan, have to settle as is.

aaron,
I wish I could, but its very time consuming, cut my palm a bit, and my jigsaw and bits are almost gone. hard part is the sanding and polishing the plate. my plate still has a lot of scratch mark(didn't show in the cam)
Stylis is actually selling something, go to sponsor section.

hotbox,
I got the aluminum plate from IPStools by So. El Monte CA.
they have assortment of scrap metals, pile everywhere. just have to look for a cleaner one. the one I found is a 12"x12" and 12"x 6", about a dime thickness
they sell it per pound, and the 2 sheets I got only cost $5. I only used 1 sheet, the other sheet, i'm still thinking of something to do with it.

Padanky,
thanks, I'm sure with your experience and tools access, its gonna be easy for you. I should have rolled the edges a bit, but have no tool nor machine to do it.

thanks,
sid

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
As always Sid, you are an originator! Very nice work, I like the two piece set up. I know I can always count on you for something different and cool!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
surfcitylocal said:
As always Sid, you are an originator! Very nice work, I like the two piece set up. I know I can always count on you for something different and cool!
thanks Taz! your xB is still my inspiration in engine and over all cleanliness!!!:cool: :cool:

sid

·
Registered
322 Posts
That's pretty creative, came out nice too. Good job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.