Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F5 Fujita short ram intake

23K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  imBOXY 
#1 ·
The door bell rang at 2pm friday, 18 November, at the 886motorwerx offices.

I opened the door, and it was my UPS delivery man holding a bright orange box.

It was my F5 Fujita Competition Air Intake System’s short ram intake for my 2004 Scion xB! WOO HOO!

Upon opening the box, you’ll notice how everything is separately wrapped and bagged. No damage to be caused by any ham-fisted delivery persons.

The parts list is impressive to say the least. I was surprised to see the Hose Techniques hoses and the T-bolt clamps. Allen head screws replace the forever-loosening OEM screws for the MAF and an allen key/wrench is also provided, separately bagged and padded intake w/ the crankcase vent tube BEHIND the MAF (YES!), and the new F5 designed air intake filter w/ the end cap shaped as a tornado pointing inward.

Nice, very nice parts indeed!

Also worth mentioning, is the fact that INSIDE the intake is clean.

The short ram I currently have for the next few days(until this is installed), had to be cleaned up because of all of the polishing compound and dust that was inside of it when I first got it. I know for a fact that it caused some peeps to have CELs in the beginning. Not the F5 short ram, its ready to go! No prep work needed!

The instruction book outlines the install step-by-step, w/ pictures for each step! No second guessing what is to be installed where. Nice!

The hat and duffle bags are nice incentives also!

Very nice F5!

Pics, install, and first driving impressions to come shortly! Stay tuned!

THANK YOU Ryan and F5 Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems!

See less See more
#2 ·
The box:

The instructions:

The short ram intake:

The filter:

The parts:

THANKS again to F5 Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems!!!!!!!

#3 ·
I have been driving the xB around w/ the new F5 Fujita SRI. It pulls nicely thru the gears while accelerating, and for some reason, the exhaust sounds snappier when up shifting. Just some observations on my end. I'm no expert.

My "butt" dyno gives this intake a thumbs up, a definite improvement over the other SRI it replaced and was on for over 40k miles.

I can't give numbers as I never dyno'd my xB when I had the stock airbox or INJEN SRI. Plus all of the other equipment/weight on my xB such as ICE, 18 inch wheels, etc.

I'm no expert.

But, I love the new F5 Fujita SRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
dtrain619 said:
Glad you posted this, Bro! You've made me a believer! :cool:
Dion, I wish I was able to give you a ride in my xB. Nothing like feeling the difference in person.

#9 ·
dtrain619 said:
Like I said before, I trust your "seat dyno!" :D :D :D
THANKS Dion!

Most won't believe me since I'm not a certified mechanic, have a "show" xB, or the credentials to back waht I say. But I have been working on Toyotas since 1982, and did a motorswap in one of my Celicas in 1984.

#11 ·
Hydro Shield

Is there a shield for the Fujita air filters to block water spray from rain or car washes? I have the short air intake with the filter over by the wheel well and water spray comes up and saturates the filter. The car also sputters after leaving a car wash until the filter is dried out. I looked in the various posts but couldn't find any references to the Fujita for a hydro type shield. Do these covers affect the performance enough to warrant going back to the stock air filter and box?

#12 ·
thewashman said:
Is there a shield for the Fujita air filters to block water spray from rain or car washes? I have the short air intake with the filter over by the wheel well and water spray comes up and saturates the filter. The car also sputters after leaving a car wash until the filter is dried out. I looked in the various posts but couldn't find any references to the Fujita for a hydro type shield. Do these covers affect the performance enough to warrant going back to the stock air filter and box?
No, no hydroshield, and haven't had the problems you decribed.

On the F5 Fujita and INJEN SRIs, they draw air from outside of the engine compartment. If I look on the driver's side of the middle grille, I can see the orange filter on the F5.

I've driven in the rain w/ both filters in this position and had no problems. I do 160 miles commuting daily to work.

Just make sure the filter is properly oiled and checked periodically.

#19 ·
Spiderbox said:
is the fujita intake carb approved?
Not yet, but it is pending. The approval process can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the process and how fast CARB looks into products.

#21 ·
Spiderbox said:
sorry if this sounds stupid but will it pass inspection if its not carb approved?
No, not a stupid question.

It will more than likely will pass the emissions test, but it won't pass the visual test here in CA.

#23 ·
Spiderbox said:
i am expecting my fujita intake tomorrow
thanks for the info squirrel
You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.