Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F1Spec Hid Kits **New Price and 2yr Wrty for 2007!**

Visit us a www.365motorwerks.com to order!

Club Price $250* Out-the-door-shipped-to-you! –NEW 2007 Price!--
*Tax Required on CA Residents, BiXenon Kits +$100.. use username at checkout to get bonus items!

All the good stuff!
· Completely Waterproof! (Dunk it in your fish tank if you like!)
· Igniters Integrated into Ballasts! (less parts under your hood!)
· Protection Circuitry and one-way connectors make sure they will not short out!
· 2 year warranty **New for 2007** – Claims are no hassle and handled in-house! You will not have to wait for the manufacture to “check it out”!!!!
· Comes complete with mounting brackets, all hardware needed for install..ready to go!
· Plug and Play!

Forum Bonus Items
· Free Relay Harness ($25 value)
· Free Priority Shipping
· 365 Live Tech Support!

F1Spec has just hooked us for the New Year with an all-new 2-year warranty, and due to a successful year with them… better pricing!! All of which I am passing right on to you!

If you are looking to upgrade your lighting and replace the dim stock bulbs with high quality HIDs for improved lighting these are great kits whether you go Single, Hi/Lo, or BiXenon F1Spec is going to please! I deal directly with the great folks at F1Spec so these are coming straight to you no waiting around! All Kelvin’s cost the same 3000K all the way to 14000K! The Relay harness I include will allow you to supply full voltage to the ballasts with no worries about melting any stock wiring! Any questions please let me know...also feel free to post pics of F1Spec Hids on your ride, email pics to me as well!!

Just pick your Kelvin…
3000K - Golden Yellow
4300K - Bright white with a hint of yellow
6000K - Crystal White
8000K - Crystal Blue with a hint of white
10000K - Aqua blue
12000K - Purple blue
14000K - Purple

Direct link..
http://www.365motorwerks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=91

All size available..
H1 - H3 - H4 (Also H4 Hi/Lo and BiXenon) - H7 - H11 - H13 - 9004 - 9005 - 9006 - 9007 (ALSO 9007 Hi/Lo) - D2R - D2S

We also have relay harnesses for sale if you just need to pick one up for a project! The 9006 harness also works great for tC stock bulbs!

Disclaimer part --> Not street legal, show or offroad use only.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Is this HIGH/LO?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes hi/Lo, high is a halogen bulb used for flashing if needed or hook it up to the parking lights! For a true Hi/Lo you have to go BiXenon which is slightly more...

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Zack, PM me your phone number, I need to discuss someting with you.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
likewise, sorry we got cut off, stupid phone kindda died.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have any pics available of how you have your "Ballasts" installed under your hood?

Thanks,
Laz
I'll take some of mine later I mounted the brackets right to my strut towers, but the ballasts are only about 4"x5" and if you use some 3M double sided tape they go just about anywhere as they are waterproof!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm very interested, could you explain the "non bi-xenon hi/lo" setup please

Thanx
Sure...
On the H4 bulb there are two sets of filements inside your stock bulb, one lights up for low beam and one for high beam...when you go hid things change..

On a Single xenon hid setup you will loose your high beam as there is only one bulb and it hooks up to your low beams.

On the hi/lo H4 bulbs you have the xenon hid bulb which is used with the low beam, then mounted next to it there is a halogen bulb (so you have two bulbs) this bulb can be wired up to you high beams or parking lights. I say this is for "flashing" only as the halogen does not have enough output to be used for actual driving.

On the Bixenon setup it is only one xenon hid bulb with a servo to reposition it when you select high or low beams. -if you use your high beams frequently this is the only way to go-

·
Registered
108 Posts
"On the hi/lo H4 bulbs you have the xenon hid bulb which is used with the low beam, then mounted next to it there is a halogen bulb (so you have two bulbs) this bulb can be wired up to you high beams or parking lights. I say this is for "flashing" only as the halogen does not have enough output to be used for actual driving"

So on this setup would I have to drill a hole for the halogen bulb?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"On the hi/lo H4 bulbs you have the xenon hid bulb which is used with the low beam, then mounted next to it there is a halogen bulb (so you have two bulbs) this bulb can be wired up to you high beams or parking lights. I say this is for "flashing" only as the halogen does not have enough output to be used for actual driving"

So on this setup would I have to drill a hole for the halogen bulb?
No drilling needed HID goes right in place of stock halogen...here is a picture of the bulb...probably explains it better then I could :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thats what I was thinking but u had mentioned a bulb next to the HID bulb for the hi/lo setup so I was wondering about how that bulb sat next to it. Isnt there only one hole for a bulb?

ps- I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ohhhh, nevermind. i think I get it from the picture. the stock halogen plugs right in to a spot on the HID bulb right? Now is this for the less expensive hi/lo setup or for the bi-xenon?

thanks again, I'm just about ready to order

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ohhhh, nevermind. i think I get it from the picture. the stock halogen plugs right in to a spot on the HID bulb right? Now is this for the less expensive hi/lo setup or for the bi-xenon?

thanks again, I'm just about ready to order
It isn't the stock halogen bulb it comes pre-mounted with the HID bulb on one base you just take out your stock bulb and replace with the new hid one. the club price is for the hi/lo set up just mention clubxB and you username at checkout and I'll take care of the discount and make sure you get the relay harness for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
No drilling needed HID goes right in place of stock halogen...here is a picture of the bulb...probably explains it better then I could :D
The bulbs on the far right on the bi-xenon bulbs? Do you have a better/larger picture showing the bulb and servo?

Do you find that users need to put "eyebrows" across the top of the light houses to keep from dazzling oncoming cars? I put a set of Philips HID replacement low beam bulbs/ballasts in the C5 I used to own. SUPER light ouput but was always getting flashed or making drivers in front of me mad. For a while I had to crank them to full down adjustment, which defeated most of the benefit of the HID conversion. I ended up putting some eyebrows on the outside of the low beam lenses to make a sharper cutoff and then could crank up the adjustment more. OEM HID systems have a different shield on the left (or right in UK/HK/JDM) light to make the one closest to the center line more cut off - makes for a "z beam" pattern. Would the bi-xenon set up be better for low beam cutoff that the hi-lo or normal bulbs?

The bi-xenon is $100 more than the special price? Does the harness with it include wiring for to connect to the existing high beam circuit?

The kit I had before had custom connectors - the input to the ballast/ignitor had a connector that matched the bulb it replaced. So you just connected the OEM connect off the bulb to the supplied wire (snap fit, took a second), mount the ballast, snap fit the other end of the wire to the ballast, then the wire to the bulb and done. When not using a relay it required no cutting, splicing, crimping, soldering and was quickly reversable to stock lights. Is your kit made this way?

Finally, which bulb temp produces the most light output? I could care less about how cool it looks to other drivers (color-wise) but do care about putting the max light on the road - no matter if it is yellow, white, or blue.

Sorry for all the questions :D

Dennis

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here we go...Q and A time!

The bulbs on the far right on the bi-xenon bulbs? Do you have a better/larger picture showing the bulb and servo?

Z - I’ll have to find one, it is a different bulb I was only using the picture for the high low setup.

Do you find that users need to put "eyebrows" across the top of the light houses to keep from dazzling oncoming cars? I put a set of Philips HID replacement low beam bulbs/ballasts in the C5 I used to own. SUPER light ouput but was always getting flashed or making drivers in front of me mad. For a while I had to crank them to full down adjustment, which defeated most of the benefit of the HID conversion. I ended up putting some eyebrows on the outside of the low beam lenses to make a sharper cutoff and then could crank up the adjustment more. OEM HID systems have a different shield on the left (or right in UK/HK/JDM) light to make the one closest to the center line more cut off - makes for a "z beam" pattern. Would the bi-xenon set up be better for low beam cutoff that the hi-lo or normal bulbs?

Z – I don’t use eyebrows on mine, I just angle them down slightly and I never get flashed, the F1Spec H4 bulbs have a built in glare shield that mimic the Casper setup and do a good job on stock housings. Never buy any bulb that does not have a glare shield. The “cutoff” is going to be determined by the headlight housing on stock xB housings there is no way you will get the z pattern you need to do that you need a projector housing to focus the beam both the bixenon and hi/lo do a good job but it comes down to price and if you want a true high beam.
The bi-xenon is $100 more than the special price? Does the harness with it include wiring for to connect to the existing high beam circuit?

Z – Yes. Yes it comes with everything needed.

The kit I had before had custom connectors - the input to the ballast/ignitor had a connector that matched the bulb it replaced. So you just connected the OEM connect off the bulb to the supplied wire (snap fit, took a second), mount the ballast, snap fit the other end of the wire to the ballast, then the wire to the bulb and done. When not using a relay it required no cutting, splicing, crimping, soldering and was quickly reversable to stock lights. Is your kit made this way?

Z – F1Spec kits will include a relay harness which is the way to go, and no you do not cut or splice into the factory harness all connections plug in. If at some point you need to revert to stock halogens just unplug the hid bulbs and put the halogens in plug the factory H4 connectors in and you will be good to go…total time under 2 mins

Finally, which bulb temp produces the most light output? I could care less about how cool it looks to other drivers (color-wise) but do care about putting the max light on the road - no matter if it is yellow, white, or blue.

Z – 6000K will give the brightest beam.

Sorry for all the questions :D

Z – No Troubles :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi I just bought a kit that looks like the pictue on the top of this post on eBay for my '06 xB. It's an 8000K/H4 kit I took it to a local motorsport and they said that it wouldn't turn on only the high beam would turn on which isn't HID. They wanted to make sure it was working so they ran power & ground directly to the ballast and they worked. Do I need this relay harness to get them to work please let me know and if I do how much. Do you take pay pal? I really want these on my xB. My brother said he could wire them with an extra switch, but I'd rather have them turn on with the factory headlight switch. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi I just bought a kit that looks like the pictue on the top of this post on eBay for my '06 xB. It's an 8000K/H4 kit I took it to a local motorsport and they said that it wouldn't turn on only the high beam would turn on which isn't HID. They wanted to make sure it was working so they ran power & ground directly to the ballast and they worked. Do I need this relay harness to get them to work please let me know and if I do how much. Do you take pay pal? I really want these on my xB. My brother said he could wire them with an extra switch, but I'd rather have them turn on with the factory headlight switch. Thank you for your time.
Yep sounds like a relay harness would make it all work, and you will control it all with the factory switch. Just click the link to take you right to them and yes we take PayPal..
Order a H4 HID relay harness here

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.