Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have 3 Kenwood subs in the hatch area (just finished the new box last night!) and Alpines in the doors. I want to put some speakers in the little cubbies on the hatch, probably mounted in plexi for a cool effect and I may want to put one more set up front possibly, but not sure on location.

I need some ideas for what to install. I've been looking on the Kenwood site at some 5x8s, some 4", stuff like that. I believe the cubbies are 9x13 and 8x11, not sure on the depth. I will obviously have to add another amp. I'm just starting my research and I don't have a huge budget. Any ideas as to brand, size, mounting technique and amp would be appreciated.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,447 Posts
Are you looking for sound quality, looks, or just to get loud.

For sound quality don't even bother with putting speakers in the rear. You want good speakers up front and possibly one set for a little rear fill, though i dont' like rear speakers.

For looks you can fit up to a 6x9 back there.

To get loud I would go with a 6 1/2 as it'll use the air space a little better.

With anything back there you want to filter everything below 100-150 Hz. out because the space is not large enough to work well in the bass range.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to go a bit louder to help balance the subs out some. Plus I like the look of the rear speakers. Like I said, I plan to add another set of speakers up front as well, just not sure about placement.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean? put another set of whatever I put in my doors in the back?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh that's not an option at the moment. Haha. I got some alpine type-x's for a christmas present last year. I don't have another $600 to spend at the moment. Besides, I think they're too heavy and deep to mount back there. And they're component systems.

·
HFD (east coast)
234 Posts
Nice box setup. Have you ever worked with fiberglass? It would look nice to do some 6.5's with an angled face aimed to the front.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I've done some fiberglass work. I did my tweeter pods up front. I agree that that would look nice. I have also been thinking about reverse mounting some speakers in plexiglass. It's all about generating ideas for now. I'm broke-ish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts