Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned a Toyota product and wondered if anyone else has noticed in cold weather their vehicle has extended crank to start up in the morning on their xB. I know Corollas have a bulletin out for it and wondered if anyone else is have the same issue I am. I have a 06 xB with 3,000miles.

Thanks,
Mike

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
hmm never had the problem
but i do h ave cai
and my rpms bounce up and down..?
LOL
wtf is that just my car or do u ugys get that to?
LOL of course you don't have the problem you live in Cali. Cold to you is like 50. :D j/k Don't know about RPM thing sounds like you might want to have that checked.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I think all you Cali guys should come stay a day or 2 in the midwest......You will then know what COLD is..

BTW, Every car I've had does that as well. Since every car I've ever started does it, eh....No biggie here.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea they take longer in the cold. Mine is going on it's third winter, and it's been good except for when my battery died because of the cold. The engine was okay for the most part in that storm. Dont worry, they all do it!

scotty

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'll say it to. Longer crank time in the cold is perfectly normal in any car.

We had a couple days down around 0 degrees already this winter up here in Minneapolis. Normally we get about 2 weeks worth of days well below zero.

This is my second winter with my xB and shes still going strong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.