Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this might sound stupid but gimme a break when I ask. I've been out of the loop for sometime and when I was in the custom car scene it involved 55 Nomads, 56 Belairs and other Rods. (No I'm not that old! My first car was a 70 Ghia and 55 Chevy Nomad) This being my first japanese import ever I was wonder what exactly some of the custom terms meant.

bB
JDM
Drift
VIP
KenStyle

And anything else that can help me understand what exactly is what would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
Dont worry the only stupid questions are ones you dont ask!

JDM is Japanese Domestic Market

Drift Im SURE has a meaning but its about drifting the back tires on FWD cars if Im NOT mistaken its like fish tailing the back end while racing kinda...

KenStyle is the name of the hottest body kit ever!

VIP is well Very Important Person... its the look of FLASHY EXPENSIVE cars in Japan....or anywhere I suppose.

bB is Black Box I THINK or something like that its Scion xB in Japan but its called Toyota bB

Anyone want to elaborate for me....:eek: Im just a girl!
 

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL... good thing I took off my bB emblems since I have a white box. I thought it was from the BadBoy Surf Club stickers I used to see all over the place. I hated those. Saw them every where!

I also remember when in the VW scene the big thing was Cali Style. One peice windows, Shaved handles, rake, stinger exhausts and wild vibrant colors.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Dont worry the only stupid questions are ones you dont ask!

JDM is Japanese Domestic Market

Drift Im SURE has a meaning but its about drifting the back tires on FWD cars if Im NOT mistaken its like fish tailing the back end while racing kinda...

KenStyle is the name of the hottest body kit ever!

VIP is well Very Important Person... its the look of FLASHY EXPENSIVE cars in Japan....or anywhere I suppose.

bB is Black Box I THINK or something like that its Scion xB in Japan but its called Toyota bB

Anyone want to elaborate for me....:eek: Im just a girl!
I think you covered it very well, especially the KenStyle explanation! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
Gcat007 said:
LOL... good thing I took off my bB emblems since I have a white box. I thought it was from the BadBoy Surf Club stickers I used to see all over the place. I hated those. Saw them every where!

I also remember when in the VW scene the big thing was Cali Style. One peice windows, Shaved handles, rake, stinger exhausts and wild vibrant colors.
I did a '68 Hawaiian style. I wish I could find white window rubber for the Box like I had for the Bug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Drift Im SURE has a meaning but its about drifting the back tires on FWD cars if Im NOT mistaken its like fish tailing the back end while racing kinda...
I think you meant RWD cars. I haven't seen Front Wheel Drive car at a Drivt event. Drifting is a controlled fish tailin'.
 

·
ClubxB's OG Member
Joined
·
22,258 Posts
"drifting" in a FWD car is called ass-dragging...
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Oooooooh, Sid got his scallops painted!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
carism said:
I think you meant RWD cars. I haven't seen Front Wheel Drive car at a Drivt event. Drifting is a controlled fish tailin'.
Oops yes thats it ...FWD cant drift well not for real anyways.

Sorry I said I was girl!!!! :rolleyes:

lol :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Falken Mustang won the D1 in japan even tho the GTO was the US favorite, RWD thats why I wonder how drifting blew up in japan due to the few quality rwd cars. if you've ever been to a dirt track race, thats the closest thing to drift I've seen except drift uses only a section of the track and get judged on turn control and angle of car going through the turn, may 06 import tuner comes w/ a little dvd that has some drift footage on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Gcat007 said:
bB
JDM
Drift
VIP
KenStyle
bB = Toyota bB or "Black Box" It's the Japanese version of our beloved Scion xB

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market, stuff sold in Japan only, but you can get here for a price.

Drift = Take a RWD car, put tons of money into the engine and suspension. Kick the ass end out around corners at 100mph.

VIP = Pronounced "vip" not V.I.P. Big japanese sedans like the Toyota Aristo and Nissan President. Main VIP things: good stance, body kit that accents the lines of the car, deep dished wide rims with stetched tires, curtains, leather, woodgrain interior, throaty exhaust, and tons of badges, or no badges at all. VIp is tied to the Yakuza crime orginization in Japan.

KenStyle = A Japanese company that produces some of the nicest and most expensive aero parts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
im fairly sure its black box.

and kenstyle ROCKS! i have the full urban kit:


 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top