Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my exhaust pout on today. It was a custom job. I put a magnaflow muffler and 2.25" pipe from the cat back. I told they guy at the shop that I wanted a resonator put in the system because I hate the way the 1.5 sounds without. He told me a resonator was like a glass pack because both are straight through. So he put on what looks to be a glass pack. I am not sure but is he right or should I go back and make him put a real resonator on? Plus it feels like I lost power. Please help. :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the factory resonator is only 1 3/4. I went with 2 1/4 from the cat back. Its sounds really nice actually. I love the sound. But, it just feelslike I lost a little in the higher rpms. It doesnt wnd up as qick as t used to. I could be just me though.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
I just got a magnaflow cat back system myself. I could not be happier! I got a number 18 resonator which gives it a nice mellow tone. Not too loud but loud enough to turn heads.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
I beleive flowmaster... but don't quote me on that. I'll find the paperwork and double check.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey jakeman actually 2.25" piping might be too big and you could be losing back pressure thats why you might feel the power loss. If you not turbo'd or supercharged then thats probably the reason IMO

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Can't always trust the butt dyno man.

You're probably at about the same power. It may get better though as your car learns to adjust the timing to better suit your exhaust.

Good luck!

BTW, ScionScotty is running a straight pipe system. See what he has to say about power too if you like. Shoot him a PM.

-Alex

·
Registered
69 Posts
oh no man its cool no sweat....you can try i know there is a post on here about doin it by pulling your EFI fuse for 5 mins or something to that effect....but im pretty sure the 2.25" pipe is making you lose backpressure...a .25" makes a big difference

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.