Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I apologize if some has posted this question before!Okay, so I have a greddy evo axle back. For the first few months, it never rattled. Well, eventually it started to rattle at idle and during low rpm. I came to the conlusion that the rattle is from the clamp that holds the greddy to the stock pipe, which it is. It wasn't loose as far as the bolt goes, so, I ever so slightly filed down a lip on the clamp so it would clamp tighter. The rattle isn't QUITE as bad, but is still driving me f-ing nuts. Long winded story, I know, anyone have a clue on what I should do?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Look into replacing your donut.

they don't last forever

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You could use the permanent solution and weld it, but this is not always an option for people.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Muffler Bearing! J/K!

Streetfire.net there is a funny Video where some guy is telling people at a car meet that there Muffler Bearing is going out, and they are believing him.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You're probably going to have to replace the gasket where it connects.

In my experience, the gasket is a tightly wound coil, kinda like a spring. At least it was on my car when I swapped back to the stock muffler. It was wild and crazy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the supplied gasket with greddy. Thanks guys, I'll try replacing the gasket and clamp and see if that helps. Anybody know what they go for at the dealership? I imagine the clamp would be a dealer only item? I have considered having it welded, but would like to avoid that if possible.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just bought a greddy evo2 exhaust from someone and noticed that the part of the exhaust where it clamps to the rest of the exhaust system is not quite as perfect as the fit of my trd exhaust. is this because of the greddy gasket you guys are talking about?

i reused the stock gasket i think, if its that round metal coil. there seems to be a minute bit of leak in exhaust air from that area i can feel a very very slight puff when i asked my friend to rev the engine.

also i'm just curious if its supposed to be so quiet?

i had a strup and a trd exhaust before this one and the greddy is extremely quiet compared to the other two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.