Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey maybe this would help gain power. Some my have seen this before or on Scikotics, but I thought I would share with you. Pay special attention at the end, if you arent on the floor by then, to the slick driving techniques and disregard for CA traffic laws.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0FxH5Oc4wU

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Woooooo woooooooooo! Okay Cali people.... is this really a legit problem or is the news exagerrating. Ive seen that video before, but never really paid attention to it honestly. So I know its a little dated. I wonder if I can get one of them for my xB. ;)

scotty

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That is hilarious! I'll take one of those "Woooo Woooo Alarm Clocks" to make sure people are making breakfast when I leave for work at 5 AM!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would fire warning shots over that lol. There is no reason to have that.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I saw this about a year ago. It's hilarious. I'd never do it to my car, I wouldn't be able to handle the Wooo wOOOO!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would fire warning shots over that lol. There is no reason to have that.
agree 100%

Notice the dirtbags who put them on in the video, enuff said :)

There's a line between doing something for show/go, than the "look at me" people with no taste.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That is hilarious! I'll take one of those "Woooo Woooo Alarm Clocks" to make sure people are making breakfast when I leave for work at 5 AM!
Just in case that someone thought I was serious, I was not! I just wanted to quote the people in the video!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the folks with loud dual exhaust. Just as annoying IMO. Harleys as well... Why can I get a ticket for a loud stereo and people get away with loud exhaust?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
There is a guy that has the stupid fake Turbo wistle on his Civic that drives by my apartment, it's so gay, doesn't even sound close to a turbo. Just gets louder as the exhaust flows thru it. And it is a Black guy in his 20's fully primered kit with chrome rims.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
That happened at least 3 years ago, and legislation was passe to make it illegal. As soon as it was citable, the "citizens" of Oakland then began taking them off, and it was quiet again.

Some of us were citing under the modified exhaust section, and others were using the "whistle tips" for toher means of stopping the car.

As seen in the video, the driver was 1) Left of the double yellow line, 2) Failed to stop at the Stop sign, and who knows what else I would have found once I made contact w/ the driver.

I could go on, but let's just say the ones who are the whistle tips, were not most who you want to have as your neighbors, unless of course...........ah, never mind.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was living in SF at that time and my ex-girlfriend, lived in east Oakland. The guy was funny the first time I saw him on TV, but when I started hearing those things all over Oakland it was horrible. It was bad enough walking by a firetruck with it's horns and sirens, the whistle things were louder then the firetruck. I hate those things.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
LOL. That's so stupid. And annoying as hell too. I'm glad they never made it over here.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm glad that trend never left oakland and made it to southern california, i'd have been hatin life then, lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had a co-worker put a temporary one of these things in my exhaust at work they all got a laugh when I drove home that night. The next day I found the whistler but didn't tell them I found it and I started telling people how the guy who was buying my Jeep backed out of the sale because of the strange sound it was makeing. They were out in the parking lot in the snow trying to get the whistler out of my exhaust pipe feeling all guilty. I guess I got the last laugh. Not even cool in Montana wooooooooo woooooooo

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the folks with loud dual exhaust. Just as annoying IMO. Harleys as well... Why can I get a ticket for a loud stereo and people get away with loud exhaust?
O M F G

This bullshit...I totally agree with you 100%. You shouldn't be able to hear my music from like 20ft away, but its okay to hear that harley from 2 miles up the road...its crap, and if i ever get a pussy sound pollution ticket, i will fight it with this point...

When you wanna whoo whoo its dat whooo whooooooo...

here's a couple remixes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaXa55ONxvQ

My fav...its nicely done...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePh5_MSHHTU

·
Registered
827 Posts
O M F G

This bullshit...I totally agree with you 100%. You shouldn't be able to hear my music from like 20ft away, but its okay to hear that harley from 2 miles up the road...its crap, and if i ever get a pussy sound pollution ticket, i will fight it with this point...
Well, I dont know how it is where you live, but in Maryland they didnt give me too much trouble with my system, depending on what I was playing. I could blare Hank Jr. as loud as I wanted, but if I was playing something with alot of profanity in it, they would come over and hassle me. The folks that play bass CD's or decent music are given a bad name by the ones that want to play songs that blare profain lyrics and are very explicit. Unfortunatly, everybody pays.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.