Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need everyone who has flares to post up how they did it. Ive got some new wheels that will require fender flares. I wanna know how you attached your flares and did you cut your fenders so that you won't rub? Also please post up your wheel size/offset and how low you are. I think i might have to cut my fenders but Im not 100% sure. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
well i cut the hell out of my fenders as most peeps know. i'll be on air though too so i needed to cut them but for the fenders i'm using bbist and i will be riviting them on since i cut so much of the fender off.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Sportmax 501s and Tanabe DF210 springs...

Im going to be getting the bbist C/f fender flares here in a week or two...

So now comes the thing of what size spacer and to roll or to cut?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Wow I would REALLY not recommend 501s and flares.

To get flush with fender flares like its supposed to be, I would recommend 40mm spacers for rear, and 35mm spacers for front. Its not gonna be pretty. Matty has the right setup for flares, but 501s are not. Get different wheels if you wanna run flares dvsidboy. Just my .02.

scotty

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
im still working on it. that is the rivetless ff.

i seen peeps cut, use sheet metal tapping screws, and rivets in aluminum in dull or shinny, and steel rivets in polish.

i was thinking of using either the allen or star style bolt for diff look.

i really hate to "cut" my fenders. once you cut, you cant go back. but for those with diff wheel set up, you may have to, but then again theres air to compensate for that too. prices go up, up, up....

i have 2 sets of ff sitting right here. CFFF from bBist and FGFF from M2MOTORING.

if you cut, youll eventually lose the ingegrity of the rear fender panel if you dont reinforce it between the outter and inner wall.

knowing you matty, you probabaly have some mad wheels thats gonna accentuate the fender very well. or visa versa. ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ok I need everyone who has flares to post up how they did it. Ive got some new wheels that will require fender flares. I wanna know how you attached your flares and did you cut your fenders so that you won't rub? Also please post up your wheel size/offset and how low you are. I think i might have to cut my fenders but Im not 100% sure. Thanks everyone!
dam matty those rims were to big thats some crazy stuff tho... hope to see them on

·
Registered
3,455 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: (Test fitment only)

im wanting to know the specs on the orange xb.. those are the rims im thinking about getting, the sports max.. im getting the 15x8.. wanting to know tire size/ spacers if any/ and sus or springs.. it will help me out greatly!!! ^^

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW holy thread revival! lol

Those wheels are 15x8 0 offset. No spacers or anything. For suspension, i believe goldlines. Thats it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.