Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what did you guys pay to have your kits fitted and painted. i just got my kit and went to the paint shop and they told me it would be like 2 grand. that sounds a little freakin high to me. what do you think and can you guys post same pics of your kits so i can see how the fittment is. thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
A good body shop should only be about $600 more than that is a ripoff, I know because I use to work at a body shop. I got my Ken style wrap in carbon fiber.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Toyota bb

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
i got the kit from bBist its not the best fitting kit i have seen it needs alot of work to fit right and for paint.
I fitted 2 kits from Steve, and they only needed minor trimming. Mainly the tabs for the front and rear lips.

G

·
Here are a couple pics of my lip kit. It was a fiberglass copy and not the original. I had about 30 hours prep to get it smoothed out and ready for paint.

Lip kit and shipping to florida = $400
paint and supplies = $400
paint service at prof. shop = $350

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey squirrel did you have any problems with the side skirts. mine don't fit for crap and on the rear don't have the right shape with bumper. help i need help! haha.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have the fiberglass Kenstyle front and rear lips. The side skirts were too much work to fit so I swiped the Bomex side skirts from Pat (Cravin). The paint on these ran 300 bucks but I would spend more next time.

G

·
Rick, I did the fitting and body work myself and then took it to the painter. He did a little minor sanding and seal coat before painting. The kit was a fiberglass copy of the original and needed a little work to get it to fit correctly. You kind of got to expect that. Some minor trimming with a dremmel tool. After you get it to fit correctly, you can take it back off and put you original stuff back on. Then you can take your time to get it right without having to worry about driving the next day. About 30-40 hour work (including add'l cutout for dual exhaust).

I hear the original kenstyle kit fits like a glove and requires no body work and is basicly ready to paint. Having the abs type plastic pieces instead of fibergalss is ideal, but you pay for it.

G

·
The sides needed a little trimming to fit and did not have a way to mount anywhere except on the ends at the fender wells. I fiberglassed a few mounting tabs in the middle so they would pull up tight to car. They were a little wavy too and had to do a little bond work here and there (very minor).

I got the kit through Island Motorsports by way of Scion Evolution member deals.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hip-2b-sqr on your sides the tabs you put on did you put them in the same place the stock ones?

and does any one else have pics maybe some close ups so i have some idea how the fit should be so i don't waste a bunch of time fitting when i don't need to. thanks

G

·
Rick, the holes from the stock side skirts are huge and I could find any anchors or screws to fit, so I put the new tabs in differrnt locations.

I will see if I have any other pictures during the install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.