Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Pioneer 6 CD changer in my '05 box and i have a problem w/
"ERROR 4"

It has happened twice now, but not sure what it means. all i know is that when it happens i can't do anything in regards to CD's, not even eject the problem disc. so i'm stuck until it feels better. all i can do is listen to radio.

anyways it kind of just fixes itself after i have it off for a good hour. the way it does this is by spitting out the cd it messed up on.

can anyone help?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I did a Google search and the only posts I could find had to do with the satellite radio error message of 4. Sorry, maybe the dealer can help. Did I really just say that?! What was I thinking! :D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
From the manual...
ERROR 4
CD ERROR
Displayed when excessive current is flowing for some rea-
son.
Turn the ignition key to the OFF position and switch power
ON once more.
Basically the mechanism hung up for some reason and it shut itself down to prevent burning out a motor, or otherwise damaging something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
error 4

i get the same message also on my stock 6 disc head unit.
it usually happens when the deck has all 6 discs in it.
or like murphys law you set out on a long drive and the first disc goes error.
the only way to correct it is yes stop turn off the motor for a few seconds and when you start up it spits out the disc it was playin.
its just an excuse for me to get something else.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys:)

error 4 is getting progressively worse and it's happened about 5 times now in longer intervals. i'm gonna try and not use all 6 ports b/c i used to always have every slot filled...i'll go w/ 5:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.