11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lovin my box more every day.
hope ya'll like.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
^^^^That's exactly what I was gonna say...with no front emblem it would be really hot to remove the two on the back!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Use the "orange" cleaner or Goo B Gone. Both work great.

To get the emblems off either wait for a sunny day and when they are warm use fishing line or dental floss to slide behind. They come right off.

Some have used a heat gun and a screwdriver with a towel covering it but your chances of scratching are higher that way.

You can use a combo of the heat gun and the dental floss, just be carefull to heat the emblem evenly so the paint doesn't bubble.

Good luck, post some shots when you're done!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Yeah, your emblems will come off really easy 'cause you box is new, you shouldn't have to use any heat unless it's cold where you live. In addition to the dental floss method (which I used), you can also use bug and tar remover to get the adhesive off. It's not abrasive, and some have wax in their formula (I used Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover), have fun.

BTW, love the wheels!! Now drop the bad boy!

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
The green is growing on me. Just like the looks of the box itself, I was not entirely thrilled about that green, but the more I see it the more it grows on me...lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good on rims, Welcome Aboard!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I would take the Bra off, all it's good for is screwing up the paint. If anything needs to be covered it's the bumper.

I am a bodyman, I see it happen alot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually did not use any kind of heat. I went to advance and got a chemical for removing decals or stickers from bumpers bout $4. just sprayed it on and waited a few minutes. came off with all the silicone like glue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interior mods

I put in some lack lights and high intensity green leds. also had a 7 inch tft monitor installed in the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Looks really good! I am in fact envious.

I agree about the bra, they don't seem to protect, and in my humble opinion it looks cleaner without.

Welcome!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
EricShearer said:
Looks awesome - only suggestion I would make is to take the xB logo off your side window.
I would have to agree, looks tacky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup...the floormats are clear...great effect with the blacklight....appreciate the input. Can any of you guys tell me about how much it might cost me to get it dropped. and what kind of springs you might suggest?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.