Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i washed my car this weekend. when i was ready to pull out of the self serv, my car would not move. i turned it on and it stalled with in that second. it was in neutral so there was no way that i was letting the clutch out. it took me 3 attempts to fully move out of the self serv spot. i have a fujita sri. the only thing that i could think of was maybe some water got in it. i rev the car to about 3rpm then it was fine. i dont know what it was but it scared the s... out of me. does any1 know what it could have been?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
did you wash the engine compartment or just the outside of the Box?

·
Registered
611 Posts
just the outside. i dont have a grill other than the stock. so i am clueless how the water got in it. i opened up the hood and there small drops of water, but i thought it was normal

maybe some water happen to get to the filter somehow.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If it doesn't happen again I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it hasnt happened since. that was this last sunday. two days ago. it idles kinda funny but i heard that switching to synthetic oil can help. i also read that on cold weather we are not supposed to let our scions warm up by idling the car..... isnt that bad for the car? i live about an hr from chicago and its been 30F weather in the morning? what do u guys think?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
it hasnt happened since. that was this last sunday. two days ago. it idles kinda funny but i heard that switching to synthetic oil can help. i also read that on cold weather we are not supposed to let our scions warm up by idling the car..... isnt that bad for the car? i live about an hr from chicago and its been 30F weather in the morning? what do u guys think?
I haven't heard that changing to synthetic oil will help with your idle. From what I've seen, most xB's have a less than smooth idle. I can't even relate to 30 degree weather...it's chilly here today and it's only in the upper 60's. :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i read about syn oil. i think it was in scionlife.com 60F weather? that must be nice. its 50 right now but in the mornings its 30 then drops to 30 again by night. i always let the car warm up but i think its in the manual to not let it warm up by idle- instead it says to warm the car up by driving it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.