Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice sometimes when i'm stopped a traffic light the engine shudders like its about to stall.

i have an auto and my normal idle is around 700, and when it shudders the idle drops up and down from 700 to about 400.

any one else experiencing this?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do you have a ground wire kit if not get one.. I have a manual and it normally idles around 700 to 900 and when first got it it would do same thing at like would drop rpms real quick then back up then did ground wire kit and it stopped doing it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a ground kit on there already
actually i just checked my regular idle is about 600, and it dips down to like 300 it looks like.
could it have something to do with the lightened crank pulley?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i mean i have had the pulley on for like 10k miles without any problems.
i also have the fujita sri, strup headers, trd exhaust.
only recent mods have been shock and bushing replacements.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah shock and bushing replacement should effect engine.. hmm thats strange.. hopefully someone can help you out.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It is probably when the fans kick on or your a/c compresor. Mine does it when I'm sitting in a drive thru sometimes.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
yeah ac fans or any other major engine load. at 300 rpm your car should stall.

maybe your tachometer is off. very easy to be that but unfort teh shuddering is kind of normal in any small engined light car.

G

·
The engine shudder happens to me also. I've talked to other local xb owners and they are having it to. We didn't think it was anything serious, probably some electrical load demand or something and the engine slows or idles back up on its own. At least thats what we hoped it is. Kind of has a dry bearing type sound. Be good to know for sure what it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.