Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the engine cover in it's stock form...

I decided I wanted to add a little color so I used Vasoline and a brush to cover the emblems and painted away...didn't turn out a nice as I would have hoped.

I was so unhappy with the result that I painted the whole cover white again to hide the emblems.

Then I ordered a vinyl overlay from Randode and I'm much happier with the results. I spent a whopping five bucks on this and I think it sets the cover off nicely. Pop! Thanks Randode.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good, I just bought some Chrome vynle off ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Mine and wifes are just painted completely green and orange, no over lay. I wish I could have shaved all that **** off but then I woul dhave had to bondo or fiberglass the cover, I got some diamond plate left, I guess when I get bored.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skeeter said:
Mine and wifes are just painted completely green and orange, no over lay. I wish I could have shaved all that **** off but then I woul dhave had to bondo or fiberglass the cover, I got some diamond plate left, I guess when I get bored.

If you could pull that off with diamond plate that would be sic!

·
Tha KrackaBox
328 Posts
Wow these all look amazing to me! I must admit though my favorite is the white one. I think I may have to copy that idea... if ya don't mind.. you should take it as a compliment... hehe

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Silent Slim said:
Wow these all look amazing to me! I must admit though my favorite is the white one. I think I may have to copy that idea... if ya don't mind.. you should take it as a compliment... hehe
Feel free! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I have the overlay for my engine. Just waiting on painting the engine cover first. And my megan strut bar is being shipped tomorrow! Engine mods are startin!! woohoo

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LuvKrssy said:
I have the overlay for my engine. Just waiting on painting the engine cover first. And my megan strut bar is being shipped tomorrow! Engine mods are startin!! woohoo
Now your ride will be hot inside and out! Gonna put some stars on the engine cover? I would look sweet!

·
Tha KrackaBox
328 Posts
Wow that cheap huh??? Hmmm does it actually do anything? Can you feel any difference? I'm gon' get it mainly for the look but will it help ANY at all performance wise?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Now your ride will be hot inside and out! Gonna put some stars on the engine cover? I would look sweet!
didnt really think of that.. hmmm i do have extra stars left over..
even got the speedo face comin in this weekend!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Silent Slim said:
Wow that cheap huh??? Hmmm does it actually do anything? Can you feel any difference? I'm gon' get it mainly for the look but will it help ANY at all performance wise?
Well it depends on what color and kind of vinyl, and it can add up to 5hp.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LuvKrssy said:
didnt really think of that.. hmmm i do have extra stars left over..
even got the speedo face comin in this weekend!
Do it! And then put some cold cathodes in there to highlight them.

·
Registered
546 Posts
NVSHSKR said:
Well it depends on what color and kind of vinyl, and it can add up to 5hp.
He was talking about the strut bar...not the overlay....

·
Registered
200 Posts
What kind of paint did you use to paint the engine cover??? Got some "engine" goodies put in the xB this weekend!!!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DodgerGirl said:
What kind of paint did you use to paint the engine cover??? Got some "engine" goodies put in the xB this weekend!!!
I used Krylon Fusion with a clear coat over it. Be sure to wash the parts really well and then use an adhesion promoter. :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you have an carquest by you give them your paint code, for your car color. They can put the same paint in spray can for $18.00 per can. Price high but it will be perfect match.

Paul

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.