Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have a engine damper??? if you do let me know how well it works....and a good one to buy.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Most I know that are running one, are running the Weapon*R dampner.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is a good place to buy one for a reasonable price???.....and where does it install on the engine????does it bult up, or do i have to drill anything??? some pics would be sweet. im kinna a visual guy. i bet if i saw a pic of one installed i would be ok.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
polarproject said:
where is a good place to buy one for a reasonable price???.....and where does it install on the engine????does it bult up, or do i have to drill anything??? some pics would be sweet. im kinna a visual guy. i bet if i saw a pic of one installed i would be ok.
It mounts from the passenger side strut tower to the upper engine mount near the alternator.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
They keep the motor from moving and giving you wheel hop. Makes for more vibrations through the car. More power to the pavement.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
polarproject said:
is that the only downside???......the vibration in the car?.....
Pretty much, kinda like urethane motor mounts. Transfers the vibrations thru the car instead of the mounts. So i've heard, I don't have one.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes, the only downside is you will feel the engine better through the car.

They help by reducing the amount the engine rocks around on the engine mounts. Like stated above, it reduces wheel hop and helps plant the power on the pavement.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i'm rolling the weapon r . I HATE weapon r . but it's a nice piece for a good price. a little more noise and vibration but TONS less engine movement.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I put the motor mount polyeurethane inserts on my CR-X. It did make a difference. The car felt more reponsive due to the power being put towards the drive wheels versus moving the engine in the engine bay. I did also feel more of the engine through the steering wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.