Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was looking thru my parts book. And the 00-03 Echo uses the same engine cover as the xB but 04-05 has a different one. Same valve covers, so they have to mount the same. Anyone ever see the 04-05 Echo engine cover? Echo engine cover 00-03 costs $35 and the 04-05 costs $98.

04-05 cover might look cool and would give a different look, I just don't know what it looks like, and it's $60 bucks more than ours. I can't find a pic anywhere, only ones with our cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
Padanky said:
Ok, I was looking thru my parts book. And the 00-03 Echo uses the same engine cover as the xB but 04-05 has a different one. Same valve covers, so they have to mount the same. Anyone ever see the 04-05 Echo engine cover? Echo engine cover 00-03 costs $35 and the 04-05 costs $98.

04-05 cover might look cool and would give a different look, I just don't know what it looks like, and it's $60 bucks more than ours. I can't find a pic anywhere, only ones with our cover.
Our engine covers only cost 35 bucks? Really? Hmmmmmmmmmm
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Echo in the link above has our cover, hmm.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if it's a visable difference or something different, like more heat shielding on the back side or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
$35 for our engine cover? Heck that's cheaper that what one of
the local dealers charges for the cabin air filter! ($45)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Maybe that $45 includes the labor charge for installing it? After all, the labor required to install a cabin air filter is not inconsiderable! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
Gsnorgathon said:
Maybe that $45 includes the labor charge for installing it? After all, the labor required to install a cabin air filter is not inconsiderable! :D


Tomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Tomas said:
$35 for our engine cover? Heck that's cheaper that what one of
the local dealers charges for the cabin air filter! ($45)
I kind of messed up my engine cover while painting it and instead of sanding all the bad paint off I thought I would just buy a new one. Well,while they were checking on my oil leak I asked the parts guy to order me one....$129 bucks!:eek: So either my dealer is a huge crook or someone has been getting a great deal on these and needs to send me the link :D
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Engine Cover pt# 11212-21011 $34.04
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top