Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Xb, 250k miles, and my code changed from p0012 to p0010. I was looking around my engine bay, (what i do when we're slow at work) and i found that a connector is broken. Not sure what it is. Not sure if it's related to the light. For reference, this is the passenger side of the engine bay.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive exhaust

I'm just a little stuck here. Any help is massively appreciated.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,647 Posts
Quick google search says the first code is a camshaft position sensor code. I would assume that's the plug for the camshaft position sensor. I'd suggest looking up online the location of the camshaft sensor plug to verify.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick google search says the first code is a camshaft position sensor code. I would assume that's the plug for the camshaft position sensor. I'd suggest looking up online the location of the camshaft sensor plug to verify.
I did just that, the connector is called the Camshaft Position Oil Control Valve, sounds a little more worrying than a sensor to me.

·
1,647 Posts
I did just that, the connector is called the Camshaft Position Oil Control Valve, sounds a little more worrying than a sensor to me.
It's part of the control signal for the VVTi system. You may have recently noticed a loss of power on the top end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's part of the control signal for the VVTi system. You may have recently noticed a loss of power on the top end.
A little bit... I read a little bit more on the topic, talked to a friend.. Nothing I need to worry about for a bit? I'm tight on money, saving for college and a trip to Korea right now lol

·
1,647 Posts
A little bit... I read a little bit more on the topic, talked to a friend.. Nothing I need to worry about for a bit? I'm tight on money, saving for college and a trip to Korea right now lol
It'll be ok for a bit but I'm a strong proponent of fixing the little things as the happen so they don't cause a larger problem down the line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts