Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Scion xB RS 8.0

I was in cruise control around 70 mph when I felt the car slow. It felt like the engine was braking the car because the slowing was not a lack of acceleration, but a forceful slow.

I tried to accelerate, but the RPMs were unresponsive, and were jerking around 2000 RPM. It may be true that it was responsive, but the vehicle was out of gear (it was in drive). It all happened within a couple seconds and on the interstate, so it was difficult to diagnose.

I began pulling over, and noted that the engine light, battery light, oil light, and power steering light came on.

After I shut it down, the car wouldn't start. It sounded close, but it wouldn't catch.

I waited about 5 minutes, and it started up no problem. I haven't had any problems since.

Any ideas what happened?

Z

·
Registered
26 Posts
i would put a code scanner on it and see what codes come up. I would also check your oil level because the toyota 2.4l are notorious for burning oil.

I had a friend that had similar symptoms. Car died while driving. Couldnt start it, waited a bit and it started up. Turned out to be the crank or cam sensor (I forgot which one it's been awhile).
Just a possible cause, I would take that with a grain of salt till you get your codes checked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts