Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also did some dress up on my engine bay. I purchased the chrome overlay from randode.com and painted the cover with krylon fusion paint suggested by a few guys here on the site. Thanx for the info fellas!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the silver Krylon fusion spray paint that says "for plastics" on the can. I beleive there was only one with the silver top, thats the one i used. It was great because no prep work, gloss or anyhting was needed, just the paint. It dries hella fast, i put really light coats on (6 total) as to get even coverage, let it dry for 2 hrs and had it on my car. I also used the paint on pretty much all the other platic caps in the bay as well as the dip stick. This was the easiest and cheapest mod i have done.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
jones75254 said:
I used the silver Krylon fusion spray paint that says "for plastics" on the can. I beleive there was only one with the silver top, thats the one i used. It was great because no prep work, gloss or anyhting was needed, just the paint. It dries hella fast, i put really light coats on (6 total) as to get even coverage, let it dry for 2 hrs and had it on my car. I also used the paint on pretty much all the other platic caps in the bay as well as the dip stick. This was the easiest and cheapest mod i have done.
Thanks, and I noticed your dipstick as well. Nice touch!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Well done, turned out very nice

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
heathenbrewing said:
Is Krylon heat resistant?
It's not for use on an engine block but I've had no trouble with it in my engine compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.