Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past two weeks I've had the same problem happen with my car, the gas pedal starts pushes down to the floor on it's own and the engine accelerates with it. I drive a manual so all I did was hit the clutch and put it in neutral and after about 10 seconds the gas pedal released and everything operated normally. I've looked at the throttle cable and near the gas pedal to make sure there was nothing blocking either and I couldn't see anything that would have caused it. The occasions that it happened i had been driving for less than 10 minutes and was accelerating as I felt the pedal continue going down.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea of what could be causing it? I appreciate any input, I'm so lost as to what's making this happen. Thank you :)

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 02:37 PM ----------

Also just checked and it is idling at about 1000 rpm which it is normally at around 600-800

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,252 Posts
What car do you have? From the looks on your avatar, you have a 2nd gen. We don't have manual cars. But have you thought of going to the dealers and letting them check it out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I'm having a problem with is a 2006. And if it comes to it then I'll end up taking it in, but I'd like to get somewhat of an idea before I do.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,252 Posts
I'm not sure about manual cars, but I think it was trying to warm up faster by idling high. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Do you have cruise control on your car. In the 70's GM had a problem with their cruise controls, that when they failed, it was WOT. Had it happen to good friend on his Caprice. Not sure about dealer installed units during that time frame on 1st gen xb's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts