Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put advd nav system in my box and i am wondering if i really have to hook the wire up to the parking brake or if i can just hook it up to any wire sending a constant signal so it will think the brake is always on????? also anyone got a good idea of where to hook a power invertor up to wire it directly into your car adn not have it run to the cigarrette lighter

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well it depends on the H/U you have. Usually the wire that goes to the e-brake is just a ground. That's how it is with my Panasonic. That's all I'm saying about that. As far as your power inverter you can always hard wire it in. All of this is kind of hard to explain without know what kind of equipment you have.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
What kind of Navi do you have? some units if you put a switch in the loop, you can "trick" the h/u to think the parking brake is on, allowing you to drive while viewing a dvd (i would not suggest this).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha not suggest what specifically? driving while watching a dvd or tricking the h/u?

i have a pioneer avic d2 and i hooked it up to a ground and apparently it was too smart for that it told me it detected it was improperly connected.....would wiring a switch into it help?

and as far as equipment and hard wiring it in i have or could get basically anything i am just interested in what wires would be ok to tap into? should i run the positive to the battery and the negativeto some circuit thats only on when the car is like an amp or can i do something easier?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
D2 has a Gyroscope in it. even if you trick the radio, it tricks you back. It senses motion. you can void the warranty and "fix" the problem. If you want... But you try and control the Nav while driving and you'll wreck your car, guaranteed.
On the other hand, The power invertor should be connected to a fused power source at the battery if anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't want to control my nav while driving. i dont plan on typing in addressesor anything while driving i just want to use the auxilerry video input while driving? any advise for that?

i am interested in what you mean by voiding the waranty and "fixing" the problem though...

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
the D2 is a tricky little bastard. check out the forums on the12volt.com. You can find all kinds of tricks for that little bugger on there. Just use the search engine. You can also find schematics fr wiring up your inverter as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went over to a local car audio store and had one of the kids help me over there and he knew they had bypassed them in the past and not had too much trouble so we looked and read online if you ground the parking brake lead and also ground the empty pin position in the wiring harness it should make it let me watch and drive.......we'll see i'll report back hopefully after lunch when i go take my stereo out in my parking spot again haha

·
Registered
552 Posts
......... should i run the positive to the battery and the negativeto some circuit thats only on when the car is like an amp or can i do something easier?
The postive should go to "some circuit thats only on when the car is."

The negative should go directly to chassis, NOT spliced to another negative wire, and remember short and fat for ground wires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres were we get our info at the shop just ask them questions they ll help ya out http://avic411.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
ya i checked that place out and i have grounded the brake lead and the empty slot and still i get the god damn warning. i think i need to get that 528t pulse timer or just install a switch so that the parking brake lead isn't grounded till after i start the radio.....i hope that helps

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not too sure what you mean by cycle the brake but so far all these people say they just grounded the empty space next to the ground and ground the brake lead and it works some others said they wired a 528t pulse timer relay to there parking brake lead with a 15 sec delay so it wasn't on while booting the system?????? i have yet to get mine to work while driving i want to shot it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.