Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin bought a crappy electric supercharger the other day, and I must say it looks like a piece of crap. There is no way these things can work, right?

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
tell him to run a tube from the intake in to the cabin and blow into it...same effect???

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
There is a huge debate on these things. How they actually get adveritsements in tuner mags is beyond me.

Until I see a dyno run, in person, with one of these strapped to an intake, I won't believe anything. Though I will lean more heavily to the BOGUS side until then.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
There really is no debate. People that know what they are talking about understand that these things are worthless. They understand that they actually negatively affect performance and efficiency. People that don't know what they were talk about disagree. It really is as simple as that.

And the reason that they get ads in "tuner" magazines is that the guys who write the tech. articles and they guys who sell the ad space aren't one in the same. Magazines will sell ads to just about anyone. It is that ad space (as much as it is subscriptions) that keeps a magazine a float.

·
Registered
974 Posts
^^ The exact reason I stopped subscribing to R/C Car Action years ago. When they reviewed a new product, how it did was directly affected by how much the company releasing the new product spent on advertising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.