Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It has been said time and time again that these do nothing but DECREASE performance. They provide no boost, nor increased air flow. In fact, they disrupt the natural air flow path of the intake. All in all you will see a decrease in efficiency, as well as performance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Once in high school I had a friend who took the heating element out of his mom's new hair dryer and duct taped to his lawn mower carb. Didn't cut the grass any quicker, but his ass sure was red where his mom beat it.:D

Skoobus

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Once in high school I had a friend who took the heating element out of his mom's new hair dryer and duct taped to his lawn mower carb. Didn't cut the grass any quicker, but his ass sure was red where his mom beat it.:D

Skoobus
Priceless! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
does anyone know why the electric superchargers dont work? It seems like it makes sense, a fan blowing more air into your engine makes the air more dense past the MAF so more fuel is injected... why the decrease in performance?

·
Registered
417 Posts
does anyone know why the electric superchargers dont work? It seems like it makes sense, a fan blowing more air into your engine makes the air more dense past the MAF so more fuel is injected... why the decrease in performance?
It doesnt compress and force the air through, just kind of moves it around a little faster. The air in your intake is supposed to move smoothly not being spun around by a fan

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I worked with a guy that ended up with one of these on his Hyundai. He was trying to buy one on ebay, and I told him it was nothing more than a bilge pump used on boats. So he decided to just go to the boating store and buy a bilge pump and bolt that thing on.

These are the same guys with magnets on the fuel line, because that works so well too!

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Well thank god you searched before you asked. lol.

Now most of them will actually restrict flow, because they don't spin fast enough to improve the air flow.

If you're going to do it, do it right. TORO! (it has been proven to work)

·
NorCal - East Bay Area
1,454 Posts
Wow - new business idea. I'm going to Wally World and buying a mess of portable (personal sized) battery operated fans and fabbing them to K&N filters.

Sounds rediculous, but I'm sure people will buy them - what do you think?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Wow - new business idea. I'm going to Wally World and buying a mess of portable (personal sized) battery operated fans and fabbing them to K&N filters.

Sounds rediculous, but I'm sure people will buy them - what do you think?

I JUST BOUGHT STOCK .....................:cool:

·
chop top
8,825 Posts
i have a eletric fan for ya, hooks up to 115VAC, 3 phase, used for cooling electonics, its about 10 inch in diameter, a foot long and looks like a jet engine...it pushes lots of ai
r!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.