Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ordered an Eibach Sportline spring set:D :D

I wont get them untill next week though:(
which means they wont go on till at least next weekend...lol...I just have to make through one more week of 4byn'

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's a nice set of quality springs you got! When my friend had his it lowered it like 2 1/4 inches after the springs settled in.

Need spacers? :)

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a nice set of quality springs you got! When my friend had his it lowered it like 2 1/4 inches after the springs settled in.

Need spacers? :)

It seemed to me that most who are running them are happy with the drop,and ride. And of course the eibach is a good quality product. Plus I got a GREAT deal on them

I am hoping for at least 2" drop, anything more than that is a bonus:)

I take it you have spacers?

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
I had those in ours up untill this year. They were great. Nice drop, decent ride. I might recommend changing the rear shocks for a nicer ride tho. Monroe part # 5870 would be the choice.

·
11,800 Posts
Yes -- From Van at onetongarage. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Or me! :) I have 10mm 15mm and soon camber shims!

will I NEED to run spacers?

from what I can see there is plenty of room on the inner side, seems to me that with spacers it will rub on the outside, alot more than with out.

the spacers are just for the wider stance right?

·
11,800 Posts
It's more for looks than anything else. But not a necessity.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks is a necessity rayman! :D

·
11,800 Posts
One more thought -- If your going to take the rear wheels off for the spring install, you might aswell install the hub spacers too. It doesn't take that long to put them in. Seeing as your already there ya know.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One more thought -- If your going to take the rear wheels off for the spring install, you might aswell install the hub spacers too. It doesn't take that long to put them in. Seeing as your already there ya know.
talk to me about hub spacers, as I dont have any of those either. What is the purpose of them? do I need them?I have never heard of a hub spacer, only wheel spacers

·
Registered
552 Posts
talk to me about hub spacers, as I dont have any of those either. What is the purpose of them? do I need them?I have never heard of a hub spacer, only wheel spacers
Hub spacers can be used on the rear of the box. Instead of a spacer between rim hub, it goes back more between hub and axle. There is a DIY thread here that shows a pic if my explaination wasn't clear enough.

·
Registered
552 Posts
here is the pic that shows where it goes

It does the same thing as a "wheel spacer" just installs in a different place. Main point is to bring the wheel out to make it more flush.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here is the pic that shows where it goes

It does the same thing as a "wheel spacer" just installs in a different place. Main point is to bring the wheel out to make it more flush.

cool thanks!

that was what I could gather down at the dealership too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hub spacers can be used on the rear of the box. Instead of a spacer between rim hub, it goes back more between hub and axle. There is a DIY thread here that shows a pic if my explaination wasn't clear enough.
and that diy was done by me and w00st3r did the writeup on it! i just did arizonaxb's last month all in one. drop and hub spacer's that he got from me! :D if you got any questions just email me and i'll help you out!

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and that diy was done by me and w00st3r did the writeup on it! i just did arizonaxb's last month all in one. drop and hub spacer's that he got from me! :D if you got any questions just email me and i'll help you out!

thank you!

nice job BTW

now my rims stick out about 1/2 inch past the tire, would that be too much with the spacers? as far as rubbing...and I know there is another post for this but,.... will 215/35/18's rub with spacers?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It all depends on your offset for your wheels. I have 18x7.5 rims and I'm using my 10mm spacers. I could use my 15mm now but don't wanna. So you should be fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.