Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if the Eclipse AVN 6600 was "plug and play" with the xB. Has anyone installed it without using a harness? Crutchfield provides a harness BUT the Scion's harness plug fits into the back of the Eclipse. Any help would be great...

Also, where would I find the "Speed Sensor" wire and the "Reverse" Wire in the xB???

·
Registered
526 Posts
L4rry_B1rd said:
I wanted to know if the Eclipse AVN 6600 was "plug and play" with the xB. Has anyone installed it without using a harness? Crutchfield provides a harness BUT the Scion's harness plug fits into the back of the Eclipse. Any help would be great...

Also, where would I find the "Speed Sensor" wire and the "Reverse" Wire in the xB???
hey was up the harness that you have for the eclipse and the harness the one that crutch field give you you just match up all the colors that they should be plug and play works fine i have a avn 5495 and works great i did the install my self

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you did use the Crutchfield harness? Or you just plugged it in right out of the box?

And Ill let you know about the Kenstyle Kit soon. Im just debating whether I would want the kit just for shows since Im lowered and the roads here in Boston are very bad on body kits...

·
Registered
526 Posts
well i used both harness and connected them together do you have pics of your post it then i might be able to help u more

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
azynboi03 said:
well i used both harness and connected them together do you have pics of your post it then i might be able to help u more
I dont have it yet. Im getting the HU with my xB on Wed but I didnt want to pay the $500 fee the dealer was charging for install.

I think I know what your saying though,
xB Plug => Metra Wiring Harness => Eclipse HU

I asked the guy at Circuit City about the harness when I went to buy the dash kit/side filler pieces and he said the xB didnt need a harness with the AVN6600. Anyways, CC now carries all the harnesses and dash kits for Scion's so Ill just drive over there again and get this harness: Metra 80-1761

·
Registered
526 Posts
L4rry_B1rd said:
I dont have it yet. Im getting the HU with my xB on Wed but I didnt want to pay the $500 fee the dealer was charging for install.

I think I know what your saying though,
xB Plug => Metra Wiring Harness => Eclipse HU

I asked the guy at Circuit City about the harness when I went to buy the dash kit/side filler pieces and he said the xB didnt need a harness with the AVN6600. Anyways, CC now carries all the harnesses and dash kits for Scion's so Ill just drive over there again and get this harness: Metra 80-1761
yup that its true that how everything to hook it up

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
i think thats what xbox626 (Kevin) is using, the eclipse avn6600...

·
Registered
326 Posts
to answer ur question on the reverse wire. it is red/black u can find it under ur shifter. or behind the fuse box. i have to check on the speed sensor i cant find the other paper. but i tapped into to it from behind the speedometer.

the wire for speed sensor is purple. not purple wit silver dots. if you take out the speedometer u can see the wire. and then u can tape into it with a bypass connecter. u can buy then at any auto part store

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.