Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
it should be. they are both 1NZ-FE. what i heard that was different from Echo and the xB is the waterpump or something like that...

·
Registered
368 Posts
ECU's are different for the working part to make em run as well.

if you change motor, you change ecu, and loose VSC,Trac Control. you get the x-mas tree lights up on the dash.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Biggest differences is gearing and ecu. ECU is better than our ecu, its not a learning ecu like ours. The gearing sucks in the echo's, especially the manuals. Just get another xb/xa 1nz and swap to a echo ecu. Yes, you will loose trac, abs and so on but its more workable if you plan to mod the motor again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
MattyRattyPoo said:
How did you blow your motor?
^^^What he said ^^^

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i found an echo motor for less that $300 50 miles from home. seems like all the echo motors are hella lot cheaper for some reason. hopefully i can get my motor out this wekend and get some pics up here. this turbo costing too much damn money

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
How much better are the Echo ECU's than the xB? I know someone on SL was messing around with a few different ones but I didn't read the whole post.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just a thought about turbo'n ..

sounds like you need to revisit the settings on the gate bypass , may be putting toooo much boost to the engine...

and in big rigs we always install a pyrometer...and make damn sure that exhaust temps never excede 1200 deg (hot side ) or 900 deg.(cold side)
the reason for this is that if your exhaust temps excede these temps, you "cook" the oil in the <turbo> bearing surfaces..the debris from a shattered turbo is sucked directly into the air to air, then into the engine intake..bad boogie this!
{big rig "crate" engines can run upwards of $20,000!!

just my 1/2 cent contrib.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.