Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a heads up for all of you xb fanatics out here. Ebay headlights may look tempting with the price. But don't make the same mistake I did. As a newbie to modding I purchased a set of Halo lights from "proexhaust" on ebay. The lights fog up. I assume the most of the products sold on ebay are somewhat "manufactured with small flaws" Oh well learned my lesson..just wanted to pass the info on to other newbies thinking about purchasing headlights on ebay.."U get what U pau 4"

:eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yeah, some are good, some are not. I think about every set of aftermarket lights have been covered on here before. Good looking out though.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Not necissarily true. I have some but it fogs very little. I am very happy with them. I have some ideas for them so if you decide to let them go for very cheap, let me know...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I was running the Dual Halo's without any problem's, I switched back to stock after clearing the amber lens.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I also took them off because I broke the plastic tabs that hold the bumper up, so the bumper doesn't butt up tight.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
even some

of the better brands of halos fog. my sonars fogged ocasionally its cuz there sealed so tight the temp dif when lights on versus off doesnt allow evaporation and then warm air from when light heats up condenses on inside when it cools. Dan (polorproject) found out that you can place a small silica envelope inside large seal behind housing-unseen- and releive this problem. common in new electronics packaging and new shoes. :D :D :D some of e-bay halo's are crap cuz they have little or no cut off (looks like fuzzy uneven shape) good ones show like movie screen projector thus the name ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fellas for the info...Dang u knwo what ..Its hard for me to even take them off cause they look so gooooooooooood on da box. I think I found a way to stop the fog...a buddy of mine had the same problem and just put an extra rubber seal around the one bulb that u plug in from the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.