60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference between these two

04-05 Scion xB Combo Kit
More Images
Email this to a friend

PN: 85748
$2,220.00

We were the 1st to market a bolt-in air suspension for todays hottest vehicle to hit the street in years. Designed from day one to inhance the performance side of your xB. No need to remove the sway bar, we built around it! Lower your xB, improve your handling, and get control over your suspension. The most versatile choice for suspension on today's market. Go from the strip to the street to the show floor with the push of a button. Our Air-Over-Strut kits are designed to give you maximum performance with our 9-way adjustable dampening system previously only found on high end coilovers. Want to adjust your spring rate as well? No coilover will ever offer this option! Adjust your spring rate with the flip of a switch. When style matters just as much as performance, our Air-Over-Struts won't let you down. Wheel gap never helped anyone win a car show! Tuck those rims up where they're supposed to be. This kit will let you clear speed bumps and get in and out of driveways without scraping your expensive body kit. Not to mention the remarkably smooth ride that air provides.

Kit Includes:

- (1) Front Air-Over-Strut Kit (#75572)
- (1) Rear Kit (#75672)
- (8) of our 3/8" exclusive chrome 300 PSI Valves (#24415)
- (1) Viair 380C Chrome Compressor (#16380)
- (1) 5 Gallon D.O.T. Approved Air Tank with 8 1/2" Ports (#10991)
- (2) 200 PSI Dual Needle Gauges with Chrome Bezels
- 40' of 1/2" D.O.T. Approved Air Line
- Nickel plated D.O.T. push-to-connect fittings
- 145-175 PSI Pressure Switch (#24575)
- (4) Switches (#24575)
- 50' of 1/4" D.O.T. Approved Air Line for your Gauges
- 90' of 16 Gauge Wire for Proper Valve Connections
- Detailed Installation Manual
- Toll Free Technical Support
- 1 Year Warranty against Manufacture Defects

We guarantee you won't find a more complete system for your ride!

Drop Specs:
Front: 5"
Rear: 4 1/2"

Note: The rear kit will drop an extra inch with shorter shocks.

and here is the FBI Description which is only $1300 !

If you're looking to bag your Scion, make sure you buy your kit from someone that's actually installed the kit they're selling!

The Scion is tight for space to begin with, so you don't want to cramp your style with a big bulky tank in the back! Our kit includes two 3-gallon aluminum air tanks that can be easily mounted under your car. Our compressor is the reliable Thomas 337, which can also be mounted out of the way under the rear.

The rear bags and brackets are a complete bolt-in, with no cutting required to your spring pockets. They allow for an insane drop, and will lift over stock height! Our kit uses high-quality Slam Specialties airbags that will provide you with years of trouble-free service.

Up front, we use AirLift Company's Easy Street system. It gives the best ride on the market, along with tons of drop. Plus, the damping is adjustable to tune your ride the way you want it!

The complete system comes with 60 feet of 1/2" DOT air line, and uses brass DOT compression fittings for a secure, leak-free connection. 6 Blitzluft 1/2" valves are included to give independent control of each front corner along with the rear of your ride.

This kit comes complete with an AVS switchbox that fits in the palm of your hand. This box uses rocker switches instead of toggles, and can be stored in your cupholder or in the pocket below your radio.

As you can see, this is the most complete, well thought out kit on the market today. Run it as it comes, or call us up and we'll tailor it to your specific needs!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I dunno but i will admit the 5 gallon tank sucks balls..its huge

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
yellow_sub said:
my system will have a 4 gallon pancake tank.
well, I like the 5 gallon chrome tank. here's some pointers

1. Easystreet shocks rattle unless you have them at full lift. But who wants to drive at full lift?

2. get 90 degree fitting for the rear bags.

3. i suggest 2 compressors so you're not put-putting around as the tank refills. I laugh at those "mini-truckers" with the single compressor as they drive off sounding like a weak weed wacker.

4. Buy air-runner. If you're gonna go, go big. I should have. Now I am sourcing front Air runner struts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JDMJim said:
well, I like the 5 gallon chrome tank. here's some pointers

1. Easystreet shocks rattle unless you have them at full lift. But who wants to drive at full lift?

2. get 90 degree fitting for the rear bags.

3. i suggest 2 compressors so you're not put-putting around as the tank refills. I laugh at those "mini-truckers" with the single compressor as they drive off sounding like a weak weed wacker.

4. Buy air-runner. If you're gonna go, go big. I should have. Now I am sourcing front Air runner struts.
i heard that air runners are slow is this true also how do you attach two compressors to on 5 gallon tank> thanks for everyones imput by the way....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your best/easiest bet is to find a tank with enough ports, then just run two compressrs to that one tank and have the pressure switch hooked up to both of them ;)

Also, stay away from chrome for one reason, they look nice, yes (i was going to get one), however, they don't have the corrosion protection that your standard black painted tanks have...i've read a few horror stories about people with chrome tanks that got corroded, and its its pretty when it happens from the inside-out

Also I have to agree with jim, get a 5 gallon and run two compressors (idea would be a viair 380 imo), should be able to fill it up pretty quickly for ya, and also if one of your compressors bites the dust, you have a backup ;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The FBI kit is actually 1500 bucks unless you pay $99 for a "membership" to their "club". If you buy the membership, then it's $1300. Not my idea of good business to make someone buy a membership to save money. (if you're only going to buy one item the savings are minimal at best) IMO

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
The FBI kit is actually 1500 bucks unless you pay $99 for a "membership" to their "club". If you buy the membership, then it's $1300. Not my idea of good business to make someone buy a membership to save money. (if you're only going to buy one item the savings are minimal at best) IMO
^^^^ The very reason I didnt go with FBI for air suspension. As it is, I have decided not to do air at all for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
JDMJim said:
1. Easystreet shocks rattle unless you have them at full lift.
Can you please advise me how bad is the rattling sound? Thanks.
I have heard of this problem too but unsure of the magnitude of the rattle.

I am planning to go for the easystreet setup but am holding back due to this problem. Comparing the cost with Air-runner, Ez street pricing is about 50% cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.