Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy Im Right About To Dynamat My Whole Car From Top To Bottom Due To Getting To Much Noise From My Car And Rattles Has Anyone Done This Them Self Yet Any Diy Info Thanks Also I Have Heard People That Dynamated Inside The Doors Behinde The Windows Has Anyone Done This Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
What up bro?, I wasn't sure if it was you or not....update your profile!! haha, man I've been slacking on the car stuff and now it's not going to be done in time for Irwindale on Sunday. So did you finish the Dynamat yesterday? It looks like a lot of work, but from what I hear, it's a really good mod.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I dynomatted the trunk, the trunk lid, and a little bit behind the speaker on the front doors. The trunk lid and the doors were kind of a pain. You have to measure and then cut. Then you have to wedge your hand between the holes in the door. I suggest wearing the thick nitrile gloves, not the cheap crap ones from autozone. A nice pair of new/sharp scissors, gloves, and patience. The flat areas are the easiest. It's when you start having to cut several smaller pieces to get one large area like the trunk lid. My sister in law did the trunk floor and she's OCD. . .he he he. . . so I got perfect coverage there but the trunk lid was a pain. Good luck with the rest of the car. I figure the guy on SL took him a little more then a few days. The trunk took about 3 hours. . .remember she's OCD. . .he he he. . . the trunk took me about an 3 hours, I was at work so I kept getting interrupted, I figure it should really only take about an hour or so for good coverage.

It's really good so far, the exhaust note is a little quieter. There is no more rattle from the rear wiper blade. . . well I can't here it inside the car anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.