Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Clarion VS 755 DVD player along with a 5" Clarion screen that I plan to install in my box. However I want to do this with my stock H/U 'cause I like my color changing 6-disc. Are there any options for me other than a FM modulator? Also, has anyone ever used a modulator and if so, what's your take on them? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have an FM mod, just make sure to use the digital ones, they're only $20 and I got mine from EBAY from MP3Store.com. I think I have an extra one(new, never been installed) in the garage if your interested.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the same dvd player with my stock H/U. The Digital FM Modulator works great got it from ebay also like 20 bucks. The Modulator is mounted behind the radio and the digital readout screen is by the steering wheel upper right below the the ac vent you might be able to see it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are the BESTEST!!!

Kentae, where did you mount your monitor, or are your running headrest units?

Jason, I'm interested!!!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
I am running a myron&davis dvd player in the oven compartment, two headrest monitors and a 15" flipdown with my stock single disc aux input head unit.

I do not have a fm modulator....I access the dvd player sound pressing the disc button. It is hooked into the cd changer plugs in the back of the head unit.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me more...

do you play your CD's through the DVD player now? I've got a stock single player in the garage, think I'll go look at the back for reference. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
If I press disc I get CD first, I press it again and the DVD player track pops up. So by pressing disc I get either one. I hope this helps you out. I still have not had mine apart, mine came this way. I am doing my first mods tonight hopefully.

I am considering getting a head unit with double din screen for the front and then running my two alpine v12 amps, and Alpine's first surround sound processor. Then I would replcae all of my speakers, custom center speaker, and switch to a 10" sub mounted in back. I would also do the rear speakers in a custom location.

But that is enough thread jacking. The deck in the garage should help you out.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, Sir

And you're not jacking anything, you've been more help than you can imagine!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, you all have been helpful. Now to start fabbing the monitor enclosure. I'm closing this one, thanks again!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.