Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I love to do comparison shopping, even though the scions come with one price I have been going around to different dealers just to see how they treat me before I buy my car. Well yesterday I went to Universal Toyota/ Scion in San Antonio... First we get there and wait 20 minutes for the Toyota guy to find their Scion rep then he comes out I ask him about the Green RS and he has no clue what I am talking about he was like "They are not avalible in green." No matter how much I tryed to explain he looked at me like I was dumb and showed me the color swatches over and over... Once I gave up on that discussion I asked about when I trade in my Civic... Other dealers told me they would give me $500+ more dollars for the modifications on my Civic because in today's market it gives it sales appeal... the manager at this dealer said he can't give me anything extra for it... So I guess I learned I won't be buying my box there for sure.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I certainly had varying degrees of success/treatment/etc. at the five dealerships in the Dallas area that I went to in November 2005 when I bought my 2006 xB. The main problem was that nobody had any that were actually on the lot and available for sale. I finally got mine at Toyota of Dallas and ultimately had a good experience (except for being misled about the interest rate). They got me the color that I wanted, BOP, so I'm happy.

But not knowing about the RS 3.0 is pretty amazingly incompetent. I'd say go somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Wow, that's weird! When I went to talk to our Scion rep (Rich Manas), he was on-line checking out the boards. (Of course I directed him to ClubxB!! :D ) Very knowledgeable about the product, and not pushy at all. My wife (who does not like the "car buying" experience) was thrilled at how smooth the whole transaction went, now I can't get her to stop driving or telling people about xB's everywhere she goes. (I think she's trying to get a referral kickback from Rich! :D :D :D ;) )

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, find a good dealership and stick w/ that one.

The Stockton one is crap and I'll never got back there.

I have one in particular, but since I've been somewhat involved w/ events in this area, I've come to know a couple other good dealerships also.

Some dealerships are better than others. You are correct in shopping around. Sometimes it takes a while to find the "right" one.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I cant really speak for the dealership itself since i dont work there but ive worked for a ford dealership that was really behind when it came to technology. Im not sure if this is the case with scion dealerships but most of them dont have a clue of what new cars are coming out until they recieve it on their lot. Another thing is i bet most of them dont have internet access either so they dont get access to the up to date information and releases.

"Other dealers told me they would give me $500+ more dollars for the modifications on my Civic because in today's market it gives it sales "

As far as getting a extra 500 dollars it probally only applies to certain dealerships im sure they have different rules they follow for trade ins at each dealership since i believe they are all privately owned by different owners.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Very glad I found the "right" one on my first visit. lol. the dealership I went 2 has 2 club members in my area, and one of them is all about the JDM, and I mean straight from the bible....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, not all dealerships are created equal when it comes to Scion. Figure out a joint you like and stick with it, just like Brad said.

As for the $500 bump on the Civic, yeah, that could go either way. If it wasn't a Honda dealership, I could easily see them wanting the car as stock as possible. Generally, we'll only pay more for mods at our dealership on Scions because I let our management know what those things are worth. Having a modified Honda on the lot would probably not be a priority with them and I generally tell people that I want their vehicles as close to stock as possible when the trade them in (with the exception of Scion, of course).

-Alex

·
Registered
39 Posts
Day_Tripper Well since I love to do comparison shopping, even though the scions come with one price I have been going around to different dealers just to see how they treat me before I buy my car. Well yesterday I went to Universal Toyota/ Scion in San Antonio... First we get there and wait 20 minutes for the Toyota guy to find their Scion rep then he comes out I ask him about the Green RS and he has no clue what I am talking about he was like "They are not avalible in green." No matter how much I tryed to explain he looked at me like I was dumb and showed me the color swatches over and over... Once I gave up on that discussion I asked about when I trade in my Civic... Other dealers told me they would give me $500+ more dollars for the modifications on my Civic because in today's market it gives it sales appeal... the manager at this dealer said he can't give me anything extra for it... So I guess I learned I won't be buying my box there for sure.
Have you tried going to Red McCombs Scion if you do go there talk to Shane he is the manager there he will help you out as much as he can.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2toned_camoxb said:
Have you tried going to Red McCombs Scion if you do go there talk to Shane he is the manager there he will help you out as much as he can.
Yeah that dealer and Cavender have been my favorites so far... it would be nice if the one off i10 on the way to Boerne was done... it's only 5 minutes from my house...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.