Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my fat head or floor jack under my Xb to get a good look. I can feel the oil filter, but where's the drain plug? I don't want to have to buy ramps just to change the oil.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The plug is on the passenger side.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'll be changing my oil myself for the first time tomorrow. Just got a jug of Mobile One 15K mile oil. I'll be good for a year, If it wasn't for the mobile one recommended 15k or 1year, it would probably last me a lot longer than a year.

I've had my box 2.25 years and have 20k on it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Got my new jack Tuesday, so I finally get to change my own oil with ease.

Cornell Tools, "Blue Monster" I have about 5.5" of clearance and it get all up under it. $239.99 pay it off in payments of $25

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard Dkos!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my new jack Tuesday, so I finally get to change my own oil with ease.

Cornell Tools, "Blue Monster" I have about 5.5" of clearance and it get all up under it. $239.99 pay it off in payments of $25
Nice jack. Where is the proper place to put the jack in front? I might be able to get my Sears jack under there if I run over a 2x4, like s10st sugested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Aboard Dkos!
Thanks Padanky!

I've had my Xb for about 6 months. I have about 6000 miles on it. Had the free oil change at about 2000 and again at about 5000, when I had it's first scheduled service. I want to change it again before it's next service date (10,000), but I don't feel like taking it to the dealer just for an oil change. Is it ok to put generic 5w-30 in it for this?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yeah, any oil, i'd be sure to use the 5w-30 though.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Padanky:
What filter did you use for a year?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^On the oil jug, it says just use a regular filter, no special filter needed.
I did wonder if I would need to change oil filters about half way though.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just keep an eye on it. Dont use a fram filter. Please if you go that long use something a little better like a Mobile One, etc.

thread jack over. ;)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Iron_Lion_Scion is supposed to be bringing me some Toyota filters soon. I think I'll switch the filter at six months atleast just to be safe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Even tho the oil is good for 10 or 15K, I recommend changing the filters at like every 5K, The filters have a finite capacity for storage of filtered debris & you really don't want to run with filters that are full of gunk/sludge.

just my 1.75 cent worth

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Threadjack
:eek: Alex
those plastic ramps were recalled to many collapsed they dont sell them at wamart or any of the auto parts stores ive looked at guess they werent sturdy enough
threadjack over
welcome to the culb enjoy :)

Buy ramps. Get the plastic ones. They are both cheap and a damn good investment. Wal-Mart is your friend on this one.

-Alex

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Even tho the oil is good for 10 or 15K, I recommend changing the filters at like every 5K, The filters have a finite capacity for storage of filtered debris & you really don't want to run with filters that are full of gunk/sludge.

just my 1.75 cent worth

I got two Toyota filters, I'll switch one out at 6 months. I get around 9k miles in a year so I'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.